What is a JDM Front, Radiator half sized?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Is a jdm front what g2's have or is jdm different? Also I've seen integra with half sized radiator? isn't that worse for cooling

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Is a jdm front what g2's have or is jdm different? Also I've seen integra with half sized radiator? isn't that worse for cooling
JDM front for the 3rd generation was designed after the 2nd generation front. The JDM front with the "traditional" style headlights was in response to the unpopularity of the JDM integra durring 93-95 which featured the "bug eye".

half radiators dont matter. it depends on the type of radiator. mishimoto or koyo half sized could be as good as a regular sized oem one.

mirrorimg

A JDM front is what I have in my signature. Its the front end from an integra in Japan. The styiling was preferred over there so they didnt use the "bug" style lights. It is more similar to an accord front end.

A half sized radiator is a radiator for a Civic. People use them in integras and other cars to reduce the amount of space taken up in the bay for a cleaner look, or to reduce weight. I think half sized radiators look sweet, so If mine ever goes, I will probably put a half sized radiator in there. It should not reduce the amount of cooling it provides to a stock car. I dont think it would be applicable to a turbo build though.

Damn you Dylan... ;)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
A JDM front is what I have in my signature. Its the front end from an integra in Japan. The styiling was preferred over there so they didnt use the "bug" style lights. It is more similar to an accord front end.

A half sized radiator is a radiator for a Civic. People use them in integras and other cars to reduce the amount of space taken up in the bay for a cleaner look, or to reduce weight. I think half sized radiators look sweet, so If mine ever goes, I will probably put a half sized radiator in there. It should not reduce the amount of cooling it provides to a stock car. I dont think it would be applicable to a turbo build though.

Damn you Dylan... ;)
wikipedia ftw!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Also, a lot of guys running large turbos use the half-size radiator w/ an A/C delete for room in the bay.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
so the front end on g2's are not jdm correct? the guy I bought my g2 from is selling a g3 with a jdm front end for 900 with a tboned quarter panel... it is really clean though... I might sell my g2 if I can money for it.. I like the jdm front instead of the 'USDM?'

94dc4

My name matches again lol
so the front end on g2's are not jdm correct? the guy I bought my g2 from is selling a g3 with a jdm front end for 900 with a tboned quarter panel... it is really clean though... I might sell my g2 if I can money for it.. I like the jdm front instead of the 'USDM?'
The JDM front for a G2 Integra is pretty much just the headlights. The JDM Honda Integra has just one piece for the fog light, headlight, and corner light(s), while the USDM Acura Integra has a separate piece for each (3 piece assembly). For some reason, Honda thought it was a better idea to have a one piece design for all their domestic cars and a 3 piece design for their exports and their cars built in America. Lots of people swap their multipieces out for the one piece because it looks A LOT cleaner.

The JDM front on a G3 is a whole 'nother ballpark. Pretty much everything after the front doors and windshield has to be replaced, including the radiator support.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
the only "usdm" front is the 98+ front. usdm 94-97 is the SI-Vtec front for japan
I used to not like the 95+ JDM front and didn't see what the big deal was, but it somehow grew on me. If I get a DB8 someday I'm gonna change out the front end. It looks really good on the sedan and makes it look more professional IMO.

I still think that 94-97 front > 98+ front

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Thanks for the information... I tried google it didn't really justify my question.. it just described it... I didn't know if g2's front end was a jdm from g3 =/ just got confused

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Honda debuted the third generation model in 1993 in Japan. Acura followed in 1994. It had an unusual four headlight front end design which was dubbed "bug eyes" by some enthusiasts. Standard power from the B18B engine increased to 142 hp (105.9 kW), and the GS-R received the B18C1 engine, equipped with a dual-stage intake manifold and a displacement increase (from the second generation integra) from 1.7 liters to 1.8 liters, bringing power up to 170 hp (126.8 kW).
1996 Acura Integra

In 1998, Honda redesigned the Integra after the new Integra Type-R was released. In Japan the redesign had two more conventional looking headlights as the bug eye look had proven unpopular, outside Japan it had a slightly revised version of the four headlight front.

wikipedia article direct copy and paste...

they got their years wrong btw

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
JDM front for the 3rd generation was designed after the 2nd generation front. The JDM front with the "traditional" style headlights was in response to the unpopularity of the JDM integra durring 93-95 which featured the "bug eye".

half radiators dont matter. it depends on the type of radiator. mishimoto or koyo half sized could be as good as a regular sized oem one.
Half size radiators are just fine, even on high HP applications like this one :).