What's better for an Integra, Supercharger or Turbo?

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
That dyno chart of the vortech says it all. Although it does make 240hp at 7k, it makes significantly less all across the board where you spend more time. It is making 240hp at 7k but less than 200hp at 6k and only like 140hp 5k. Peak hp numbers are very deceiving on centrifugal superchargers.
Thats the same with any power adder on the B18. The HP is going start lower then climb. Actually, the N/A graph next to it is alot more peaky and has more issues than the S/C.

Thier is a Turboed B18c. The numbers are right on par with the S/C (untill higher up top). But the turbo has this massive jump at 5500rpms. But before then it was under 150.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Somebody needs to do some better turbo selection on that. There is no reason to have a 260hp car with a turbo that doesn't spool till 5400 rpm. That is ridiculous. I can make 20psi by then.

speedin

The Transporter
imtheloserone said:
but those numbers arent anywhere near 300whp...i thought his question was from 300-400?
That was only a bolt-on kit. So thats before any aftercoolers, pully upgrades, bla, bla, bla.

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
Somebody needs to do some better turbo selection on that. There is no reason to have a 260hp car with a turbo that doesn't spool till 5400 rpm. That is ridiculous. I can make 20psi by then.

Thier is another. FMAX Turbo Kit. 8-9psi. Stock GSR

Here is a compair-o on this kit to others

Still not MUCH better compaired to the S/C, expecially concidering the S/C's benifits. Again note the Hp per Rpm

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
imtheloserone said:
wow...those numbers suck
These are basic bolt-on turbo kits. What were you expecting 300-400whp for a basic bolt-on turbo kit for $4k?? They have bigger kits but im talking about basic bolt-on level kits. Like the Vortec I showed

imtheloserone

Banned
yea...i've seen ppl hit 300+whp on 8psi with a greddy bolt kit...but then again...its a different motor. thats why i switched over to the Kseries

AcuraIn98

Rock out with my DOHC out
i've seen kits for less than 4 k that are not basic :-D i think i seen one... that give u... 550+ depending on how u tune it for........ 5k maybe 5.5 k

imtheloserone

Banned
AcuraIn98 said:
i've seen kits for less than 4 k that are not basic :-D i think i seen one... that give u... 550+ depending on how u tune it for........ 5k maybe 5.5 k
huh?

u mean used custom kits? wat do u mean 5k maybe 5.5k? cost? or cost of tune?

AcuraIn98

cost... cost of tune would be free for me. I know alot of ppl that would do it. About 4 off hand. Actually.. if i get this deal wit a sponsor, that sponsores my friend 30 k civic projects... i can mod the Sh** out of it at no cost.
Yes there sort of custom kits. But there not used.

AcuraIn98

Local company down in Baltimore, car = mine, motor.. the B18c i want to through in it this summer,

speedin

The Transporter
imtheloserone said:
yea...i've seen ppl hit 300+whp on 8psi with a greddy bolt kit...but then again...its a different motor. thats why i switched over to the Kseries
Exactly, WHOLE different motor. Cant compair a B to a K really.
AcuraIn98 said:
cost... cost of tune would be free for me. I know alot of ppl that would do it. About 4 off hand. Actually.. if i get this deal wit a sponsor, that sponsores my friend 30 k civic projects... i can mod the Sh** out of it at no cost.
Yes there sort of custom kits. But there not used.
Sooo in other words your prices dont count to anyone but you. LOL.

So when youu say 4k we should say 6k.

Hell if you can get those type of kits for 4k, DAMN more power to ya. Hell manifolds for that kinda HP range are pver 1k. So really a bad-ass S/C set-up (350hp or so) might only be 4k for you. LOL, tell me more on these prices... I need a few things myself :twisted: