What's better for an Integra, Supercharger or Turbo?

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
A 350-400hp supercharged B18 is going to be one hell of a task.
No,no. LOL not over 350hp. Dont you know what "ish" means... GOSH..:lol:. What I was saying was 350ish (aka, close to 350, no more) not over that.

AcuraIn98

Rock out with my DOHC out
speedin said:
Exactly, WHOLE different motor. Cant compair a B to a K really.

Sooo in other words your prices dont count to anyone but you. LOL.

So when youu say 4k we should say 6k.

Hell if you can get those type of kits for 4k, DAMN more power to ya. Hell manifolds for that kinda HP range are pver 1k. So really a bad-ass S/C set-up (350hp or so) might only be 4k for you. LOL, tell me more on these prices... I need a few things myself :twisted:
well see... not only the sponsors give me set up reduced price( if they dont sponsor me, and i get this onyl b.c i order it through my friend who builds civics for them).. they get it cheaper from the factories ( idk who they get it from)

speedin

The Transporter
dc2GS-R said:
Most likely less than "350whp ish" lol
Um, doubt it. I dont see it being an issue

http://www.superchargersonline.com/product_detail.asp?PartNumber=V4HC218-090SQ

Thats a Vortech G-trim SQ supercharger with the Aftercooler. With 300hp. At only 8psi.

Now add a smaller pulley to up the boost, Full exhaust, and thats still all stock engine. So theirs ALOT more you can do internally. How hard is it to get 50hp modifing the internals. Hell just get some cams and a tune.

Last edited:

imtheloserone

Banned
AcuraIn98 said:
cost... cost of tune would be free for me. I know alot of ppl that would do it. About 4 off hand. Actually.. if i get this deal wit a sponsor, that sponsores my friend 30 k civic projects... i can mod the Sh** out of it at no cost.
Yes there sort of custom kits. But there not used.
AcuraIn98 said:
Local company down in Baltimore, car = mine, motor.. the B18c i want to through in it this summer,
not to be rude but...why the hell would anybody want to sponsor at b18c integra? and give u "free money" to mod watever you want wit it....and what company? u dont doing the modding, they do..and they use their products...thats the whole idea. they arent gonna give u money so u can go buy the parts u wanna buy.

second, the integras are old and played out...they want the new cars that hit the market...like the Si or the new mugen si sedan, just to name a few

third if this is a company or shop they have no gain in giving you "free money" to mod your car...are u sure ur not just day dreaming? i mean when i was 17...i was day dreamed a bit too.

speedin

The Transporter
imtheloserone said:
not to be rude but...why the hell would anybody want to sponsor at b18c integra? and give u "free money" to mod watever you want wit it....and what company? u dont doing the modding, they do..and they use their products...thats the whole idea. they arent gonna give u money so u can go buy the parts u wanna buy.

second, the integras are old and played out...they want the new cars that hit the market...like the Si or the new mugen si sedan, just to name a few

third if this is a company or shop they have no gain in giving you "free money" to mod your car...are u sure ur not just day dreaming? i mean when i was 17...i was day dreamed a bit too.
Hey, shure we have doubts on his story. But its alot better to just play along then fight with him against it. If he wants to dream let him. Its still a validated question and leads to good responses.

Oh and bashing Integras and saying "why the hell would anybody want to sponsor at b18c integra." All this on a ALL INTEGRA site is being very unintelligent on your part. So I wouldnt do that if I were you.

imtheloserone

Banned
its not bashing, i'm just stating a fact...that if any sponors or majority of the sponsor arent looking for integras to sponsor, they are looking for newer cars...because its just better...when's the last time you seen a integra sponsored by a major company or small company?

i'm not saying its sucks or slow or watever...just the fact that its not catching the eye of the public anymore

speedin

The Transporter
imtheloserone said:
its not bashing, i'm just stating a fact...that if any sponors or majority of the sponsor arent looking for integras to sponsor, they are looking for newer cars...because its just better...when's the last time you seen a integra sponsored by a major company or small company?

i'm not saying its sucks or slow or watever...just the fact that its not catching the eye of the public anymore
Alright. I was just giving a FYI, thats all.

AcuraIn98

imtheloserone said:

Im sry.. but im not dreaming. Granted i will have to get the pictures to prove it. This i know.
Second you entitled to your opinoin, its your right. But there was no need to be rude about it, liek said b4 its an integra site. To be frank, they dont do the modding. The guy which i refered to as the one who builds these 30g project civic does. Its his passion.me and him worked on my integra through all my upgrades. He comes up with the plans, runs it by them since it is there money( for the civic he has built).

Third, the car is used in shows, thus creating advertisement. Im sure im in a logical state of mind when i said this. Day dreaming has endless possiblities, reality does not.

If this takes any offence to anyone, please except my apoligy.

Last edited:

imtheloserone

Banned
well if i look at my post, first thing i said was "not to be rude...but.."

anyways...i dunno if you kno how sponsorship works...but they dont give you free products. ur gonna have to fork some money too...and your gonna have to meet up to their standards or they will drop u like a dime. i'm very sure this is just a dream, so i'm not going to pursue this debate with you any longer.

and why are u bringing the fact that this is a integra site...like its surpose to "outcast" me? since when did i declared ME vs CLUBINTEGRA? i'm talking bout how u saying your getting sponsor but yet u barely know anything bout cars, i mean you made a thread "whats better for an integra, supercharger or Turbo?"

if i was a sponsor and i have 30k to throw to somebody, i will give it to ppl who has been in the scene long enough, have experience and know what their doing with their car. i dont want a noob who doesnt know what he wants to do. thats just being honest...i'm not bashing you or anybody so, dont get upset at me.

no hard feelings though

AcuraIn98

Well, first its an opinoinated statement. Superchargers have a Constant power, it does not spool up then kick in as a turbo. Turbo is more effecient for higher #'s. Im sry if im a "noob" but everyone started there. Some young, some old. As for me doing the work, Im not going to do it. Thats why 2-3 times a week im at my friends garage helping him do things to cars, so i can continue to learn. My car does have a slim chance of getting sponsored, this i know. But im putting down money not for my benefit, but for a greater chance. I shouldn't of flamed up this forum on things. Yet, i dont recall saying... im getting a sponsor. I am trying. 2 Different words, 2 meanings. I apoligize if didnt make that clear.Also, I dont feel as my statement b4 was written correctly. "i can mod the sh** outta it at no cost" meaning cost to put it in. Not to buy. Maybe that would clear things up. Yes i would understand if a company sponsored a car, they wouldn't leave it in the hand of some guy. They want someone that knows there sh**. Im not that inclined in intellegence. As Speedin has seen b4, this is year...probly 2 year project. I wouldn't attempt to get a sponsor with my "current" knowledge. I hope this cleared couple things.

Last edited:

ails98

depending on the motor in ur integra will depend on what you do me an 2 of my friends have ls motors one of them turboed it and left the motor stock and changed bout 3 things under he hood he was pushing bout 300hp with a turbo and thats a stock motor i have another friend who has a FULLY stock motor pushing bout 250. Then i have one friends who does have a supercharger and its great he is pushing i think bout 250 so its all up to what you really want to do with the car and what the engine is best for i think a b18c or type r engine would be great for a super charger but a b18b would be the road a turbo should be on. I have a b18b and i am heading for the turbo

patrick4588

Integra God
when building a track car, turbo will be your best bet. there is no one here that will argue with me on this. turbochargers make more power. if you are looking for a nice daily driver and just want a little extra umph, then you can really go either way. you can get a smaller turbo with quick spool or get a bigger turbo and throw a zex wet boost kit. they have a new kit out that sprays from 2500rpm to a present boost level. so if you run a big turbo, you can get into boost very quickly. being on stock internals, the motor will have limits either way you go. to be reliable, you are going to look for 300whp on a gsr and about 260whp on an ls. the best way to get that power is a turbo IMO. if you try to extract that much power from a supercharger, you will have to go with a centrifugal one and your powerband will suck balls. going with a t3/t04e turbo you can realize full boost by 4k and pull to redline. thats a beefy powerband. TURBO FTW.