Which Coil overs are best?

quickmr2

Hi CI !

I was wondering which Coil Overs are best? I read someones else's post about the NNR Black Full Body Coil Overs, and they sound good. The said it is not bouncy at all rides like oem but it is slammed to the ground. That sounds like what I am looking for. Though I did see the SKUNK2 PRO S II COILOVERS. Does any one know if those feel like stock on any setting. I want it to be able to feel like oem for when my wife drives it. But for when I drive it I would like it a little stiffer. Does any one on CI have these SKUNK2 PRO S II COILOVERS? How do they feel, how do you like them?

Sammich

i know whatever coilovers i get next i'm getting dampening, that's the reason i dont like mine..they are ok otherwise

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Which coilovers are best...well thats a very subjective question...Zeal is often quoted as being "the best" coilover for our cars.

I want to address another question you have in your op. You want something that rides close to stock. Lowering your car will make it not handle, ride, feel, be as comfortable, as stock. If you want a stock ride, i suggest springs.

Skunk2 is a racing company and thusly all of their products will be a tad stiffer especially the coilovers. OGstackadolla will refute this.

I suggest looking into function form type 1. I honestly prefer Buddy Club N+ for a nice ride.

redGSRguy

What are you getting the coilovers for? Looks/handing/racing? Decide what you want to do with the car then buy something accordingly. I have only heard good things about the Eibach Multi Pro R2s.

pr1nc3

Glad out here in phx we have ksport best bang for your buck imo can even get custom spring rates if your tracking and ect. Dont think i would buy anything else inless i had a chance to buy some cuscos

Last edited:

quickmr2

What is the difference between Mono Tube and Dual tube? What does this affect?

emd513

I run skunk2 and love them but I also have there struts. Is stiffer but great for what I want to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

quickmr2

This is not a track car, it is my DD I read up on the Function Form Type 1 on Honda Tech and one of the guys said they are alright as long as you don't Slam it. Well plan on having it all the way down so... Still looking for answer about Single Tube vs Dual Tube. Anyone know what that's about? What it does?

Nick_C78

Your questions are very vague dude. You want it to be soft like oem, and stiff for performance at the same time? And you DD it and not track it. Thats two very opposing goals. What is your budget? If you want a good adjustable set up, get Koni Yellow struts (they have dampening adjustment) and ground control springs/sleeves. That combo will run you about $800 and you can choose your spring rates for free. That should give you a good feeling suspension, but really wont give you what you are looking for bro.

Also, no suspension will work well with it all the way to the ground man. Bottom line is it will handle like crap and scrape/slam on everything! Also wouldn't be very "wife" friendly.

Basically what you are asking for is impossible. You can't have a stiff suspension, that is as soft as oem, that will perform well when slammed to the ground, and comfortable for your wife to drive... Thats just too many contradicting factors...sorry.

Also guys, the best suspension by far for our cars is JRZ triple-adjustable coilovers lol Zeal is good to as Samurai stated, and the Eibach Multi Pro R2s that redGSRguy posted about are awesome too.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Your questions are very vague dude. You want it to be soft like oem, and stiff for performance at the same time? And you DD it and not track it. Thats two very opposing goals. What is your budget? If you want a good adjustable set up, get Koni Yellow struts (they have dampening adjustment) and ground control springs/sleeves. That combo will run you about $800 and you can choose your spring rates for free. That should give you a good feeling suspension, but really wont give you what you are looking for bro.

Also, no suspension will work well with it all the way to the ground man. Bottom line is it will handle like crap and scrape/slam on everything! Also wouldn't be very "wife" friendly.

Basically what you are asking for is impossible. You can't have a stiff suspension, that is as soft as oem, that will perform well when slammed to the ground, and comfortable for your wife to drive... Thats just too many contradicting factors...sorry.

Also guys, the best suspension by far for our cars is JRZ triple-adjustable coilovers lol Zeal is good to as Samurai stated, and the Eibach Multi Pro R2s that redGSRguy posted about are awesome too.
oh yeah forgot about those jrz ones. oops!

If you want to ride slammed, and have an okay ride, koni gc

but a properly slammed ride DOES NOT RIDE SOFT

NON-VTEC

Im running
D2 rs coilovers i love them although i have mine full stiff in the rear and 3/4 stiff in the front and it rides pretty hard which is what i like they handle impressivly well and are super durable i have never really had them
On full soft and i hav my springs
Preloaded a littlw as well