Wrecked my DA in a 3 car accident today

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
If you want a project and a learning experience, then go for it.

Gotta learn to pump without ABS :)

I would pass on a WRX. GSR gets my vote.
I wouldn't fix it myself. My uncle would have it fixed for less than $1,500 according to him.

xZachTheRipper8

im sorry to hear that man, I almost lost my dc4 a few months back going to a car meet, I would have been crushed ahah but as for your ABS comment, it wouldn't really have mattered in the rain because your still gonna slide on wet roads, I haven't ever had abs in any of my cars until my integra, and it doesn't even work lmao, just gotta learn how your car drives, but it sounds like a bad situation your were in anyways. good luck man! get a dc;)

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
My insurance isn't gonna total the car. They don't even care about the car because I was only covered for no fault/liability. So the title and history report are both going to remain clean. Also, if the car can be fixed for less than $1500, should I do it?
honestly... if it were me.... I'd hold the 1500, save another 1K and get another descent DA with a manual transmission this go around

Mike61096

honestly... if it were me.... I'd hold the 1500, save another 1K and get another descent DA with a manual transmission this go around
I think I might get a white '96 GSR body with a B18B. The old B18C burned oil and tranny was shot so that's why it was replaced. But hey $2500, right around the corner from my house, intake, headers, exhaust and a Type R wing, no rust. I think it's a pretty good deal.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
I'm sorry to hear about everything, glad that everyone involved was okay. If you are interested I have been getting ready to sell my DA.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Wow, sorry to hear about the wreck. Glad to hear everyone's ok :)

I'd wait to buy a stock or close to stock car. I wouldn't trust a swapped engine...its too sketchy. But that's just me.

Mike61096

I'd wait to buy a stock or close to stock car. I wouldn't trust a swapped engine...its too sketchy. But that's just me.
I would wait, but I need something before school or when school starts for me on August 28. Sucks, but with my budget being around $2,500 and this being close to me, if it runs and drives well, it'll be my next DD. The guy actually has another teg for sale too. For $2,800. I forgot the year, but Gen 3 LS, slammed, blackworks suspension front to back. Its a burgundy red color, but it has an unpainted hood and fenders which I find extremely unattractive.

Last edited:

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..

X2

I have to agree here... buying a car already modded by the previous owner always has it's risks... one thing is you can probably factor in excessive wear. people who normally mod their cars with bolt ons drive them like assholes to boot... in this car's case I'd bet dies to dollars that motor was swapped cause the owner drives like a jackass and beat on that thing... no reason he wouldn't have driven that new motor just as harshly... Hell I'd bet that is why that car is being sold so cheap... that motor is prolly on it's last leg and running good enough for him to get out from under that car!

don't be impatient while you shop around... get something good & close to stock.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
If you are concerned about motor health, a simple compression test will give you an excellent idea of how well the combustion chamber is sealing. Most auto-part stores have the compression test kit that you can borrow from them for FREE. Seeing as you are pressed for time, i'd say you should buy any car that is going to last you a while. Don't risk buying a heavily modded car if you don't have the funds to repair it. Get something that looks nice, save your money, get the car you really want later. Have fun!
- Aaron

Mike61096

X2

I have to agree here... buying a car already modded by the previous owner always has it's risks... one thing is you can probably factor in excessive wear. people who normally mod their cars with bolt ons drive them like assholes to boot... in this car's case I'd bet dies to dollars that motor was swapped cause the owner drives like a jackass and beat on that thing... no reason he wouldn't have driven that new motor just as harshly... Hell I'd bet that is why that car is being sold so cheap... that motor is prolly on it's last leg and running good enough for him to get out from under that car!

don't be impatient while you shop around... get something good & close to stock.
If you are concerned about motor health, a simple compression test will give you an excellent idea of how well the combustion chamber is sealing. Most auto-part stores have the compression test kit that you can borrow from them for FREE. Seeing as you are pressed for time, i'd say you should buy any car that is going to last you a while. Don't risk buying a heavily modded car if you don't have the funds to repair it. Get something that looks nice, save your money, get the car you really want later. Have fun!
- Aaron
Both good suggestions guys. I'll see if I can get my hands on that kit and see what's up. The guy's other teg might be in better condition considering it's only mods are suspension, but I'll have to test them both out.

Mike61096

So its settled. I'm buying a silver EM2 off my uncle for $2500. My first 5 speed :) and I should have the car before I start school on Wednesday.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
My brother has a manual em2 and it is nice. Drives very smooth and feels way better than my teg. Driving stick on it won't be too hard. In fact, it is quite easier than an integra. The gas pedal is so sensitive though, but with practice, you'll do fine in no time :)

And get a sri for it. My bro bought one and make the engine sound soo good.

Mike61096

Nice :) and yea I was thinking sri, I just have like no money to spend. I have to pay the car off now which really only leaves me money for gas.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2