Wrecked my DA in a 3 car accident today

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
You will be ok... that EM2 will be far easier to learn stick on.. then sell it later to fund another integra :)

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
You will be ok... that EM2 will be far easier to learn stick on.. then sell it later to fund another integra :)
So driving home today was realistically my 2nd time driving a 5 speed. I didn't do too bad. Chirped the tires a few times at stop lights on hills, but I had to make sure I didnt roll back into someone. Other than that, only stalled once pulled onto my street.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Amiguel6

So driving home today was realistically my 2nd time driving a 5 speed. I didn't do too bad. Chirped the tires a few times at stop lights on hills, but I had to make sure I didnt roll back into someone. Other than that, only stalled once pulled onto my street.

I still have that rolling back problems on hills lol...your not the only one man

Mike61096

Pics of the em2?

And looks like you had a pretty successful drive. Practice makes perfect!

Not yet. Had to drive home and then go straight work yesterday and then I have school today so I haven't had the time to yet. I'm gonna be that tool kinda guy that's taking pictures of my car from all angles in a parking lot after school today haha. The EM2 is clean though. No rust (car came from Florida), body is prolly an 8.5-10. Interior is pretty good too, just gotta vacuum and clean it out.

I still have that rolling back problems on hills lol...your not the only one man
Yay :) haha. I have to over compensate. I get so scarred on hills that I will roll into someone that I actually give too much gas so when I just get off the clutch the car just goes. This causes the tires to chirp a bit sometimes.

Amiguel6

What i do (i know its bad), but i just keep it in 1st and just roll back and the go fowards..roll back and go foward etc...but now I'm getting to know how to do the hills

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
What i do (i know its bad), but i just keep it in 1st and just roll back and the go fowards..roll back and go foward etc...but now I'm getting to know how to do the hills
Burning your clutch >.<
When I am on a very steep hill and the car behind is super close, I let off the clutch halfway while my other foot is still on the brakes. When I feel the car start shaking, i quickly press the gas and balance the clutch and I'm off. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying lol.

Mike61096

Burning your clutch >.<
When I am on a very steep hill and the car behind is super close, I let off the clutch halfway while my other foot is still on the brakes. When I feel the car start shaking, i quickly press the gas and balance the clutch and I'm off. I'm not sure if you understand what I'm saying lol.
Yea...I'm not that bad. I don't really roll back anymore and I'm getting used to keeping the clutch halfway down on a hill just after the catch point so when I go to start I don't roll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Burning your clutch >.<
A trick I learned was grab the e-brake and hold that let the clutch engage and give it gas once you feel it start to pull let go of the e-brake.

Mike61096

Ah yes, the proper use of the hand brake! :drive:
I can't do that. Every time I try it I stall. I can't make my hand and feet work in unison for some reason when it comes to using the e-brake to start. Another problem I'm having is I'll drive the car pretty well on my own but then today when I was driving my girlfriend and myself home from school, I kept stalling. Not even on a hill. Flat surface, no roll. She was getting pissed cus she thinks I bought a car that I will ultimately never be able to drive properly instead of just getting another automatic.

Amiguel6

Burning your clutch >.<
Ive gotten way better at it. Now i just hold the brakes and when its time to go, i put it in 1st and quickly give it gas and slowly let the clutch go. works every time for me now:thumbs up

Amiguel6

I can't do that. Every time I try it I stall. I can't make my hand and feet work in unison for some reason when it comes to using the e-brake to start. Another problem I'm having is I'll drive the car pretty well on my own but then today when I was driving my girlfriend and myself home from school, I kept stalling. Not even on a hill. Flat surface, no roll. She was getting pissed cus she thinks I bought a car that I will ultimately never be able to drive properly instead of just getting another automatic.
Thats how i get with people in the car. its like i get nervous or something

Mike61096

Ive gotten way better at it. Now i just hold the brakes and when its time to go, i put it in 1st and quickly give it gas and slowly let the clutch go. works every time for me now:thumbs up
How come when I do that I either chirp the tires or stall?