Cams and pistons =\ Need help asap

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wouldn't go over 400cc. I have 12:1 compression and I use H22 injectors from a 96 Prelude VTEC. They're around 340cc, can't remember exactly.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Rgr that. Any places u'd recommend gettin injectors from or brand? prob RC?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I got my injectors from a Prelude that just happened to be in the shop at the same time my car was getting worked on. He was getting a turbo and upgrading his injectors anyway, so the mechanic just took his and gave them to me. Hence, I didn't do any shopping around for injectors, maybe someone else can help you with that.

What are you gonna use for ECU tuning, btw?

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Aussie, if you could, look over this and tell me if anything is wrong, or ur input atleast. Also what you thinking about injectors?

Anything im missing?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Ok well for cams I would think hard on the Skunk 2 stage 2 pro series cams. I'm running buddy club 4's and there equal to about a skunk 2 pro 1 on the intake side and a skunk 2 tuner 2 on the exhaust, but if your going to upgrade all your valvetrain go for it. I would try it but your really getting away from streetability (<< is that a word?:lol:) Anyways as for compression I wouldn't go over 12:1 if your going to drive it around the street and get pump gas, just because that pump says 93 doesn't mean thats always what your getting and if you go higher than 12:1 and you don't have 93 in there POOWWWW!!!. Also I would plan on getting a better timing belt and maybe some gears to set your timing right. I've had very good results with Skunk 2 products not eating timing belts and also keeping the timing pretty good on the stock gears but your always a little off when you change from stock cams. Injectors I say 410, people will argue otherwise but 410 is a good number it might run a little rich till you get it tuned but it leaves room for improvement and better rich then lean, you can always tune them down later. I'll leave the I/H/E alone I think they been coverd quite well.

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
Alright, Greddy Timing belt alright?

I'm moving to Raceway,USA in bout 2-3 months for college and they got upto 108 @ the pump, NASCAR town. =( but good gas out there.

newho, I'm sticking with the pro-stage 2 cams, I'll let you know how it goes, I got a Jeep for my DD soo. =)
Injectors = RC 440's
VT= Full Skunk2 PRO
Fuel Rail = Skunk2 Composite
FPR = idk yet ne ideas?
Brakes = Brembo Blanks w/ Hawks pads
Gauges = Oil, A/F w/ wideband UEGO, any others?
Gears = stock, I need to prob rebuilt that as well and do that in time. I am a complete noob to gears, any good reads?

Anything I've left out?

thanks for the input Aussie!

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
and I quote " b/c you aint going to make the power to turn the Pro2 or Pro3 efficently"

Reason why pro-stage 2's wont work in my build?

WTF

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
and I quote " b/c you aint going to make the power to turn the Pro2 or Pro3 efficently"

Reason why pro-stage 2's wont work in my build?

WTF
Who said that? Power doesn't make cams work, cams make power. With 12:1 compression you can run any cam you want, you can run any cam with any compression, the question is always will it make any more power to run stage 3 than 2 and is it worth taking away even more drivability, the pro series cams have a rougher idle than most but they will perform great, my only concern was if you would make that much more power with the pro 2 than the pro 1 but i'm all for you using the stage 2s cause then you can let me know how they work cause i was thinking about getting a set:lol: As for the timing belt I guess a greddy will work, I went with a toda cause I here nothing but good about them but check the reviews the greddy should be fine. Also take my advice if your going to drive this car on the street you want it to run on 93, if you wanted a track car your building it wrong, from what I see you want what everyone does, the so called "weekend warrior" Make it run on 93 and keep the compression down, you don't want a car that will take 100 octane to run, it's a pain in the ass and gets super expensive. 12:1 is my recomendation if you really want to push it with higher than that I wouldn't go too far but thats your choice.

Last edited:

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
I think my comp is 11.8:1 though, maybe a better headgasket like buddy club or hondata will make the difference?

My builder told my parts guy to tell me that my cam's were "too big" and that Pro 1's were enough and no one else has pro 2's.

I'm supposed to see my builder later today to discuss it.
I'm thinking even run it just cause no one else has em! lol