Pioneer's 2000 DC4 DD

Ryan659

Wheel bearing isn't much if you do it yourself. I found the easiest way is just remove the knuckle and take it to a shop and have them press in/out the new/old bearing. You'll still have the hub on but they shouldn't care. I think it was like 40-50 for the press service. And maybe 40-50 bucks in parts??

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Make sure that si muffler is from a 2dr model. Other wise your need to shorten tubing. Which isn't big deal muffler shop can do, but just more $. Call Afton muffler and brake (314) 638-1764. Good guys and great service. Best of all they know how to put lower cars on a ramp!

Btw that visor looks good and nice meeting you and your car doesn't look like shit. Looks good in person.

Last edited:

PioneerLS

Wheel bearing isn't much if you do it yourself. I found the easiest way is just remove the knuckle and take it to a shop and have them press in/out the new/old bearing. You'll still have the hub on but they shouldn't care. I think it was like 40-50 for the press service. And maybe 40-50 bucks in parts??
Ill have to look into it a bit. Is it dangerous to have a noisy wheel bearing? Cause i may be driving a few hours to import alliance.And andy, same to you, and thanks i appreciate it haha. But i heard both of the exhausts are the same. Either way, ill see tonight. Im going to just try to take mine off and bolt on the si one with a friend. Ill throw up a better pic of the visor here.

Last edited:

Ryan659

How long has it been making noise? I believe it gets louder the closer it's getting ready to fail. I can't say how long yours has of course but I drove a bit on mine when it started to make noise busy also replaced it as soon as possible. It shouldn't take more than a few hours, but I'd also get some king nuts in case they are rusted or you bend one of the little towers. And some new pins also

Last edited:

zack11122

You're car would be lower. Lol. You're wheel could probably fall off.

PioneerLS

Well im about to drive like 600 miles. Guess ill have to go ham on dis teggy. We couldnt get the other bolt off the exhaust, so tomorrow we're going to use a grinder on the nut or something. I conveniently met a guy tonight who is really good at fixing stuff, so he might help me out with it. I don't exactly have the best set of tools lol.

PioneerLS

Lol yes this isnt my first car. So i should be getting the exhaust on later today, ill probably make an exhaust video or something. I just hope it fits decent once it's on and doesnt look jank cause then I'll have to get it cut/extended.

PioneerLS

So i got the muffler on. It sounds really good. Only problem is, using the stock hangers it's touching one side of the bumper, so when it cold starts it makes a rattley noise really bad for a few seconds. But it has a deeper tone at first then when you get up in the rev range it's louder but not raspy. It's perfect really.

Might just take it somewhere and get a proper hanger, as im probably never swapping it out, but i might see if i can get anything else going first. It can only reach one hanger at a time, and the one i have to use is closer to the bumper, but it lets it avoid clashing with the sway bar. The other one is positioned better but it clashes.

Also im thinking about doing some videos in general, some im about to pick up a little tripod for my iphone for now.

edit: actually if i can cut the SI tip off and get my integra tip on there i dont think itll hit. but the SI tip is basically rusted in there so ill need to grind off the bolt. Will update with exhaust video in probably a few days.

Last edited:

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
That's really cheap! What place is it? Where's pic of that muffler? Next time we meet up I'll give you those amber bulbs for the clear coners. Who knows might be at IA

PioneerLS

That's really cheap! What place is it? Where's pic of that muffler? Next time we meet up I'll give you those amber bulbs for the clear coners. Who knows might be at IA
My friends dad. He has an STI that hes pulled the motor on twice and he does hydro dipping and stuff. Hes super experienced so i trust him.

Im waiting to do a vid/pic on the muffler until i get the integra tip on it which will be the middle of next week when the same person whos fixing the rust will replace my wheel bearing for a good price too lol. The screw is rusted in there and I dont have a grinder.