Pioneer's 2000 DC4 DD

Amiguel6

No...you need one because the wheels you want will have an aggressive fitment. Those wheels will sit flush, and not regular like other wheels with a higher offset.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
You don't need a camber kit. Just get a good alignment and you won't have any issues.

My teg sits pretty damn low with no camber kit and just an alignment to zero out my toe and my Azenis RT615K aren't wearing unevenly...

PioneerLS

No...you need one because the wheels you want will have an aggressive fitment. Those wheels will sit flush, and not regular like other wheels with a higher offset.
Yes thats what i was figuring, but he said his tires went bald or w/e in a year but he has 15x7 rims...

Amiguel6

Exactly. He has a higher offset, therefore he doesn't need one. The ones you want will require one, due to the aggressive fitment and lower offset.

PioneerLS

Well aaaaanyways, in other news im trying to fix this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49606vzfEBI

so i might end up getting new rear brake pads and rotors from walmart for $230 cause walmarts the only place open on weekends around where i live. Ive never messed with brakes or especially rotors so I dont know but i do know my rotors are probably warped and could use replacing. I just want the noise gone however, the breaks work fine.

itzrivera

if the brakes work fine, the noise might be coming from the brake dust cover. You would need to bend the cover away from the rotor in order to stop the noise.
and if it is your brakes, you're in luck cause they're pretty easy to do. same with rotors.

PioneerLS

if the brakes work fine, the noise might be coming from the brake dust cover. You would need to bend the cover away from the rotor in order to stop the noise.
and if it is your brakes, you're in luck cause they're pretty easy to do. same with rotors.
Yeah funny story, if the brake dust cover is that thing thats held on by two bolts on the inner part of the brakes, i couldnt get it off. I bent it back however, and the noise persisted. Also every bolt on my brakes just stripped when i tried to change my brake pads myself. So theres that.

itzrivera

Yeah funny story, if the brake dust cover is that thing thats held on by two bolts on the inner part of the brakes, i couldnt get it off. I bent it back however, and the noise persisted. Also every bolt on my brakes just stripped when i tried to change my brake pads myself. So theres that.
its like a thin metal sheet that follows behind the rotor. thats sucks about the bolts lol

PioneerLS

its like a thin metal sheet that follows behind the rotor. thats sucks about the bolts lol
Yeah i checked basically everything and nothing is scraping. No fresh metal anywhere. Guess that means its the rotors being warped then? And yeah it does suck. A 30 dollar brake change goes to 150, then 230 including rotors.

Also wouldnt you use camber kits to make more negative camber to make a rim fit thus making a tire wear more?

Either way im seeing a lot of people with rolled fenders and nothing else that are fitting 16x8 +25~ so i might just yolo it and see how it fits. Im planning on being only as low as i need to go to make it look normal and not stupid, but im not trying to be absolutely slammed or anything.

Last edited:

itzrivera

maybe? i dont wanna say yes cause i dont know too much about brakes and shit lol

idk about the camber thing either. ive read that you dont need it etc etc but my shit is pretty low so ive been told i do need it. its confusing as to whether they are a necessity or not. but anyways, i think you could get away with just rolling the fenders. yolo haha

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Yeah i checked basically everything and nothing is scraping. No fresh metal anywhere. Guess that means its the rotors being warped then? And yeah it does suck. A 30 dollar brake change goes to 150, then 230 including rotors.

Also wouldnt you use camber kits to make more negative camber to make a rim fit thus making a tire wear more?

Either way im seeing a lot of people with rolled fenders and nothing else that are fitting 16x8 +25~ so i might just yolo it and see how it fits. Im planning on being only as low as i need to go to make it look normal and not stupid, but im not trying to be absolutely slammed or anything.
now im not sure what your issue is on the brakes, but if your rotors are warped you would head them all the time and might even do damage on the inner wheel if its real bad. Most of the time when you hear a scrapping noise it either brakes going out or the dust shield the wrong way, I wouldn't let walmart fix anything on my car, they dont know anything about cars. they are like autozone! Id choose Midas over walmart... I myself goto a family mechanic, located on big bend and 270.

On the camber deal.... camber doesn't just fix the negative camber, also fixes positive, it makes sure the wheel/tire is balanced, so tread wear is good on the tire. You have a oem camber, now people usually get aftermarket camber kits(like me) to be on the safe side when you get aftermaket wheels. You might need more adjustments than what the oem camber will give you, in ,most cases with you do more negative offset rims. but in most cases the camber kit on the car will do just fine. Hope that helps..

PioneerLS

now im not sure what your issue is on the brakes, but if your rotors are warped you would head them all the time and might even do damage on the inner wheel if its real bad. Most of the time when you hear a scrapping noise it either brakes going out or the dust shield the wrong way, I wouldn't let walmart fix anything on my car, they dont know anything about cars. they are like autozone! Id choose Midas over walmart... I myself goto a family mechanic, located on big bend and 270.

On the camber deal.... camber doesn't just fix the negative camber, also fixes positive, it makes sure the wheel/tire is balanced, so tread wear is good on the tire. You have a oem camber, now people usually get aftermarket camber kits(like me) to be on the safe side when you get aftermaket wheels. You might need more adjustments than what the oem camber will give you, in ,most cases with you do more negative offset rims. but in most cases the camber kit on the car will do just fine. Hope that helps..
Well i moved my dust shield, but my brakes are low, but if you watched my vids that doesnt sound like the break wear indicator. But theyre telling me i need new rotors and when i brake at high speeds its wobbly feeling.

And yeah i might like the guy before you said yoloswag it and just buy them and have my tires mounted and balanced on them and throw them on after i roll my fenders. If i need a camber kit ill get one but ive seen quite a few people without them with the same rims so im hopeful. Also gonna remove the plastidip on the back, decided i dont like it. And I think a usdm lip might wait til xmas.