This fog light wiring....wtf is wrong with 94-97 fog lights?

itzrivera

do you have the fogs you can get on ebay for around $70?? or a picture of the wiring harness. i want to see if its the same as mine....if it is ill take pictures of where all my wires are and that way you can check them against yours.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I don't feel like such a noob now. Lol. My power wire is black, and my ground is red.. all my shit is backwards I guess

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I don't feel like such a noob now. Lol. My power wire is black, and my ground is red.. all my s*** is backwards I guess
:rolf:
That's the first thing I said, but everywhere we saw a DIY it had it wired like that :wtf:

j13

Keep It Clean
why not just plug the hot wire to the battery and use a switch between the ground? you can wire this setup in 10 minutes. If you don't believe me, let me get supplies, and l I can make a video of it without any editing lol

itzrivera

^^^^^for this picture above, the clip goes into the sockets (clip near my thumb) where the fuses under the steering are located. The clip is brown with a red wire. The spot where mine is plugged in (two to the left of the wire already there) lets me turn the lights on when ever car is turned on. i DONT have to have the headlights on to turn the fogs on!

next picture:::

^^^for this pic, the clip goes into the red/blue wire located right above the "dead pedal". the clip is brown with a yellow wire. in my picture the clip is all the way in. it took my mother fucking hulk rage strength to fully clip, so, start roiding up to clip that fucker.

next pic::::

^^^this is the wire that runs from the headlight to the dead pedal. this is clipped in with the clip that has a black wire. easy.

those are the only wires clipped in from the harness that i received (also the ones that connect both foglights). hope this helps. sorry for the shitty pics, theyre from my metropcs phone lol

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
This^ Or just do that way I told you with the power right from the battery and avoid the headache

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
NONONONO! Bro thats exactly how I did mine!! And the clip above the dead pedal...it aint moving hahah. So thats where my clips are al plugged... And my electricity tester thingy says Im getting power to the plug. But I can't tell if I'm getting power through the plug above the dead pedal. Because My lights dont light up
Also, what did you do about you ground and positive wires itzrivera?

itzrivera

thats where i put the one onn the harness that hooks up to the fog lights.

the ground on the other harness (the one with the switch) was grounded to the top bolt thats holds the dead pedal

itzrivera

Wait....so then where are you getting power from?
i think the power comes from the clip that goes into the socket where the fuses are. im pretty sure thats where the power comes from because if i change the socket its plugged into, the fog lights will turn on depending on what the socket is meant for. I.E. if i put it in a different socket the fogs will only turn on when the headlights are on. another socket will allows them to turn on whenever the key is in the ignition.

where i currently have it plugged in allows me to turn on the fog lights independently from the headlights, which = win.

edit:::
after the socket near the fuses im pretty sure the power goes out to the clip (with the yellow wire) and the travels through the wired that is red/blue and reaches the other end near the headlights. then from there it goes through the clip with the black wire (that is on the harness for the fog lights) and then gets distributed to the fog lights.

if you dont get what im saying just let me know and ill try and re word it and explain it more clearly

Last edited:

BlackInAction

Certified black kid
Yep, I took my wire off the battery and grounded it and the problem has been solved...finally!!!
It seems the entire set up makes 2 circuits instead of one, which I was unaware of