camber kit?

jayyjayy88

actually, the pro kit i have does not have the bushings, does that mean i got sent the tuner series rather than pro?

thats the first thing i was told when it got installed, the bushings might be backwards. I guess the shop i went to the owner had over 100 skunk2 camber kits with bushngs installed backwards and skunk2 acted like they didnt know what was going on.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
They probably didnt know what was going on because its not a manufactured defect, people will always talk shit about skunk2 for this and that. I stand by them and have never had a bad product. But i digress...

you were sent the pro model if the allens can be seen from below the car. If you need to go on top of the arm to adjust its the tuner. Skunk2 has 3 tiers to their camber kits, tuner, pro, pro+. Pro+ has the bushings.

Nick_C78

Nah, he is right. The Pro+ has them. That was my mistake. Sooo yeah, you might have them backwards.

jayyjayy88

So I took them to skunk2 and yeah they are correct. I talked to the guy who installed them and he said that my anchors were after market not oem. He said he installed them exactly as they were on my car. I went to Acura and they don't sell the anchors separate, I'd have to buy the whole uca.

jayyjayy88

time for a junk yard.
I use to try to find things at junk yards, but if you dont get to hondas/acuras within 48 hours here youre too late as its been basically stripped for common parts. Thats why those are my last resort. Right now, SoCal weather is about 100 (at least in my area). I will try maybe next week. Otherwise, any brand you guys recommend to get anchors? and price range. just incase I cant find any i have plan B ready to go

Nick_C78

Also, you could have camber adjustable anchors too. They are fairly common and if they are adjusted for positive camber and then you use another camber kit then that is going to lead you to that problem you have.

jayyjayy88

thats what the guy at skunk2 told me. but at the time i did not know that i had aftermarket anchors. thats when I realized i couldve got them from him.

I actually found a guy here local that is going to sell me the control arms for 30. ill just flip the ones i have along with the control arms.

jayyjayy88

Also, you could have camber adjustable anchors too. They are fairly common and if they are adjusted for positive camber and then you use another camber kit then that is going to lead you to that problem you have.
hmm, interesting i did not know that. i wonder what kind i have. i will post a picture once i get them off. Maybe tomorrow. I am going to pick up the control arms tonight. and hopefully have the other ones on either tomorrow or monday the latest.

Nick_C78

First time I saw them was on a car my brother bought. There are several styles of them too. Just replace the anchors and you should be good to go though. Don't mess with them if they are adjustable.