2nd Gen Roll Call!

Gigi

I meant to phrase that as a question. My apologies. The antenna moves, but it doesn't always go all the way up or all the way down. In either direction, there is a grinding noise. I am not sure the exact part name/term is applicable. As far as replacement parts, I have seen 'mast" and 'kit'. I just wanted verification as to which part would need replacing based on my description. Thank you.

dlo253

Just the whole antenna. I would hook u up with mine but I just recently gave it away to my buddy.

Gigi

Thanks for the thought! Ebay has the kit for $69 (Don't know exact product #). Big difference compared to a mast for under $20. I may look into salvage, but who knows. Been a good car to me. Want to replace a few things like the blower motor and anything else it may need within budget.

Jackcell

I'm new ish to the forum. I've had my account for a few years but never introduced myself. Anyway, I now have time for my DA.

I used to work at an Acura dealership that was run by my fathers friend. I cleaned up and ran cars to the mechanics. They liked me because I mopped. They showed me how to do a whole hell of a lot of stuff, many of them master techs.

My DA is a 1992 captiva blue pearl LS Integra 5 speed and was sold to me in the summer of 2010 by my boss for $1800. It had only 71k miles (now around 107k) on it and had been driven by an old lady 1 mile round trip to work every day. It was garaged its entire life. No rust, except for the exhaust which I replaced, and it is perfectly sanitary, right down to the engine bay that had been detailed religiously every 6 months. This was literally that perfect car we all look for.

I have done a few minor things such as new wheels, exhaust, and that is really it. Now that I have more time for her, I am planning on upgrading the suspension fully and running some HPDE. When I get some experience I will either run and LS turbo or some other variation for greater power.

Sorry if this was far to long.

Jackcell

Yeah. You can see a dent in the back panel. When it was transported by truck from Texas, brilliant gentile man who straps down the cars did not strap down the maxima behind my integra. Awesome huh.

Also, sorry it is a little dirty. All that GA pollen.

THE STIG

THE STIG
91 Integra LS, working on saving up, she's bone stock right now. Think i have an exhaust leak, and i think i need to replace the head gasket i have a leak that i think might be attributed to a bad gasket. It's got 278,800 miles and change, but i do believe the engine has about 90k interior is immaculate. Common wheelwell rust but VERY LITTLE. A little paint fade but overall it was the score of the century.

THE STIG

THE STIG
JACKCELL You even have the original floor mats. That is a rarity whoever had that car before you took damn good care of it. Interior is posh, and the dude transporting your car who failed to strap your car down was an IDIOT. EPIC FAIL

dlo253

91 Integra LS, working on saving up, she's bone stock right now. Think i have an exhaust leak, and i think i need to replace the head gasket i have a leak that i think might be attributed to a bad gasket. It's got 278,800 miles and change, but i do believe the engine has about 90k interior is immaculate. Common wheelwell rust but VERY LITTLE. A little paint fade but overall it was the score of the century.
What makes you think its a bad head gasket? Are you overheating? Coolant and oil mixing..?

Jackcell

Nice rims. are those Konig ?
JACKCELL You even have the original floor mats. That is a rarity whoever had that car before you took damn good care of it. Interior is posh, and the dude transporting your car who failed to strap your car down was an IDIOT. EPIC FAIL
Yep, they are Konig heliums. I got the full set for $400 brand new shipped, so not bad at all. Better than the stick steels.

Tell me about it. I don't know what the hell that guys was doing that was more important. But yeah, the car is in perfect shape, in fact, I just installed a skunk2 shortshifter and shift knob yesterday.

ls1adam84

I Speak Smart Ass
Howdy, just introduced myself in the main second gen area, but new owner of a stock DA9, the nice thing is it has what I think are Type R seats and it is a stock b18A with YS1 trans, I had to check before I bought the car since around here everyone swaps a b20 in them and smog would suck if the tech actually looked.

So far at 190k the car runs great no over heating I did not see any leaks, just a lot of grease built up, but the trans shifts perfect and the car pulls, I will do an oil change to see for any milky coolant look, but on the dipstick it looks good.

I will get some pics up this weekend after I get the driver window working and wash the car and clean it up.