<3 G3GirL's Bucket Progress Thread! lol <3

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
you know for some reason i pictured the stool to be way higher. you always seem to amaze me trinh.

but your pictures do remind me of my car. :(

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
hahahaha after all these years... finally i get to see this pos.

:thumbup:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
^ LOL!! You're so rude!

you know for some reason i pictured the stool to be way higher. you always seem to amaze me trinh.

but your pictures do remind me of my car. :(
Haha I needed the stool to sand the roof.

Awwww...your car. :( No fun.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
So what they did a crappy paint job? How much was it? If you payed for a $400 Maaco paint job and you're complaining then idk what to tell ya.... But if you payed $1500 and it turned out like a Maaco then i'd be pissed too.

My buddy bought his civic that had gotten a Maaco White paint job, and he masked off his bumper to repaint a section that had chipped off after he hit a ladder on the freeway and when he peeled up the masking tape, it peeled up the paint with it! :shock:

Cheap Paint jobs = :nono:

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
^^^^^ lol <3 8) Thanks, dudes.

So what they did a crappy paint job? How much was it? If you payed for a $400 Maaco paint job and you're complaining then idk what to tell ya.... But if you payed $1500 and it turned out like a Maaco then i'd be pissed too.

My buddy bought his civic that had gotten a Maaco White paint job, and he masked off his bumper to repaint a section that had chipped off after he hit a ladder on the freeway and when he peeled up the masking tape, it peeled up the paint with it! :shock:

Cheap Paint jobs = :nono:
Trust me, buddy. It wasn't cheap on my pockets. I've spent too much time on bodywork and prep to have skimped on the paint. Who knew it would come out like shit? That one was definitely out of my control. I've seen their work before and felt comfortable enough to leave my car with them. I've also done research and had never heard anything negative about them. I'm not sure what went so wrong and why.

My thought process when throwing it into this shop was that if they did screw up, I'll have more options available in getting them to re-do it or getting my money back. There were the friends of friends offers, but eh. It seemed like a lot could go wrong with that route, so I opted to pay extra to get it in this shop. If I paid $1,500 and it turned out like a Maaco job, I wouldn't be as pissed. It's the fact that I paid a lot more than that and it came out sloppier and worse than a Maaco job, IMO -- or it might as well have been. I guess it was a risk either way. In hindsight, I'm glad I went through a shop instead of hook-ups. I'm just not so thrilled of how it turned out.

At the original shop I wanted to take my car to, I was looking at $5,000 starting. For me, it's not worth putting that much into paint on the teg. Maaco and all those cheap shops that compete with them were also out of the question since they've been known for bad quality. So yeah. I don't know if they just decided to get lazy on my car or think I wouldn't say shit. In the end, it's going back in again. We'll see how it turns out this time.