acclude's 96 RS Build

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Hey man that loods real good with the wire tuck! It looks really hard and confusing but I'm hoping if I take my time, label everything and have a lot of patience it will turn out alright. Just gotta get new electrical tubing, electrical tape and soldering gun when that part comes. Thanks for all the help! Pics were great! Can't wait to see her back together, good luck!

~Dave

acclude

cheap bastard
Yeah, I'm excited too! It looks like Fri is gonna be the magical day when the motor and trans get put in and the rest of the suspension gets put back together. I'll probably put the gas tank up while I'm at it and go ahead get her off the jack stands and sitting on wheels again.

Hey man that loods real good with the wire tuck! It looks really hard and confusing but I'm hoping if I take my time, label everything and have a lot of patience it will turn out alright. Just gotta get new electrical tubing, electrical tape and soldering gun when that part comes. Thanks for all the help! Pics were great! Can't wait to see her back together, good luck!

~Dave
If you're keeping your heat, A/C, P/S, blower motor and dash ventilation then you will have to do a lot more work than I did. It's not impossible, just makes routing the wires and mounting stuff like the fuse box more "interesting". I have faith that you can do it. Try to get someone familiar with wiring to help you out.

that block is fukin ballin son..jeezus never thougth i'd like a gold block
lol! I bought it for what it is performance-wise. The gold just makes it look hot though. Give it a few months of use in the car and the paint will start to look like crap but oh well. I'm adding a blcok guard, block girdle, windage tray and ARP rod studs and main cap studs and then the motor will be ready to fire up for the first time. I'm not starting it until all of that is done. At least it will look pretty in the bay :what:

Sammich

lol! I bought it for what it is performance-wise. The gold just makes it look hot though. Give it a few months of use in the car and the paint will start to look like crap but oh well. I'm adding a blcok guard, block girdle, windage tray and ARP rod studs and main cap studs and then the motor will be ready to fire up for the first time. I'm not starting it until all of that is done. At least it will look pretty in the bay :what:
its not the heat resistant paint??? that suxors. you should redo it now

mirrorimg

Is that the motor that was on sale here not long ago? It looks awfully familiar.

acclude

cheap bastard
wow your workin fast nice job man
I'm only working on it in my spare time so it's not going as fast as I want it to.

its not the heat resistant paint??? that suxors. you should redo it now
It is high temp engine paint, but in my experience from previous paint jobs, rocks and crap hitting it while driving will chip it a little here and there. It never stays looking as good as it does freshly painted.

Is that the motor that was on sale here not long ago? It looks awfully familiar.
Why yes it is! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to recognize it. It's pretty heavily built, but the weak link is the bottom end especially on a head that's capable of revving well past 10k..... so I'm adding a block guard, ARP rod studs, ARP main cap studs, a 3-cap block girdle, GSR windage tray, a modified oil sump tube, and the Moroso full race oil pan with 6 qt capacity and internal baffles. Other than that, this motor was set up very nicely so I'm not touching anything else. Perhaps different cams down the road, but I'm leaving the type-R's in there for now. I would have preferred to build one myself, but I check this one out in person and it was built right and the price was right so I picked it up.

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Sounds like your about to wrap things up on getting her back on the road. I'm worried about stuff flying up into the bay as well. Splash guards, mud flaps and some of the stuff you mentioned I need new ones of. Gotta start looking now that you pointed those out, thanks!

I'm probably going to keep just the abs and p/s but not sure on the p/s. If I remove the a/c I have to remove the heater as well? Didn't know that is what I have to do that sucks.

~Dave

db_r

!ocsic
that shiiiiet looks nice.
Q? Is there any reason to remove the dash board ? other than to move the fuse box there? or makes things easier ? or ?
I dont think i'd be too afraid of wiring, extending and so on... more scared of my dassh board not going on right or being sloppy.... man. I think I will somehow put some work on my engine bay during the winter. (screw it canopy + space heater)
This thread = ******THUMBS UP******

acclude

cheap bastard
did i ever say you are a boss? cause i may have forgotten that when i was drooling over those pictures
lol! that's great man!

I'm probably going to keep just the abs and p/s but not sure on the p/s. If I remove the a/c I have to remove the heater as well? Didn't know that is what I have to do that sucks.

~Dave
No, you can keep the heater core if you want. They are separate. The blower motor is in the middle behind the heater contrls, the heater core sits next to it, and the A/C evaporator is in the last "box" behind the glove box. You can just remove the evaporator if you want.

got more pics being posted in a few seconds......

acclude

cheap bastard
So I got some parts in today and started to get the motor ready to go in the bay tomorrow. I'm still waiting on the block girdle, but that should be in tomorrow.

Got the block guard in...

Before:

After:

More bottom end parts:

Getting the ECU(s) ready:

NHRA legal battery relocation kit:

And this is just a beautiful sight....TWO freshly built motors sittin side by side;)

yeah, that's all I got for you right now. Will have more pics after this weekend ;)

acclude

cheap bastard
Yeah, me neither! lol

I'm heading over in a little bit. We'll see how much I get done today, but I pretty much have all weekend to do what I can.