All motor or TURBO

Which one?

• All-motor TODA

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Greddy Turbocharger

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

rotoryxtreme

its a bitch running a turbo....all the sudden that power kicks in and will break your tires loose...If you have all motor you know exactly where your power is and how to launch the car.....turbo's can be tricky, there are pros and cons to everything...

rotoryxtreme

AustinBionic316 said:
on the B18c is it possible to hit 260whp+ without turbo?
Yes that is very possible, go to Skunk 2 and look at building the top end, with like stage 2 cams shafts and all that, up the compression to like 11.1 - 1 get an ITR tranny and you would be good to go in like low 12's on slicks....SOME NOS like a 75 shot to get up alittle bit....with the right intake and exhaust...it'll be good.

AcuraInt3gra

TODA Racing

for a 2000 GSR i would say go for the Normal Aspiration setup using advanced parts from TODA Racing or Spoon Sports.

DownShift96GSR

All you guys are saying half and half from what I see and from what I've heard from people where I live. There's nothing that sounds better and more intimidating than a SS BOV. But there is just something so clean about an all motor Teggy. Now this is something you can propose. You want forced induction but you like the idea of all motor. Why not just supercharge it? You know, Skunk2 out your head, 11.1 to 1 compression and Jackson Racing supercharger?

AcuraInt3gra

DownShift96GSR said:
All you guys are saying half and half from what I see and from what I've heard from people where I live. There's nothing that sounds better and more intimidating than a SS BOV. But there is just something so clean about an all motor Teggy. Now this is something you can propose. You want forced induction but you like the idea of all motor. Why not just supercharge it? You know, Skunk2 out your head, 11.1 to 1 compression and Jackson Racing supercharger?
yea my thoughts exactly about the all engine part. However, im not too sure about supercharging but it does sound like a great idea..

DownShift96GSR

Exactly......see the way I figure but not to sure how safe it is, is that the GSR has good top end to start but shitty low end, right? So you build it all motor and slap the supercharger on it for your low end and when the VTEC kicks in you should be running nicely. Cuz they say a turbo with VTEC cancels out the VTEC but hey, VTEC is still VTEC. Then if your rolling on your top end but its still not enough, hit the adrenaline switch of about a nice 75 shot and you should be cherry. I've talked to a couple friends of mine and they say it sounds like a good set up, but of course they say there's nothing like the sound of a BOV, which is true.

AcuraInt3gra

DownShift96GSR said:
Exactly......see the way I figure but not to sure how safe it is, is that the GSR has good top end to start but shitty low end, right? So you build it all motor and slap the supercharger on it for your low end and when the VTEC kicks in you should be running nicely. Cuz they say a turbo with VTEC cancels out the VTEC but hey, VTEC is still VTEC. Then if your rolling on your top end but its still not enough, hit the adrenaline switch of about a nice 75 shot and you should be cherry. I've talked to a couple friends of mine and they say it sounds like a good set up, but of course they say there's nothing like the sound of a BOV, which is true.
If you want to improve your low end performance on an all motor GSR and still want your VTEC to do its job i'd suggest getting the VTEC KILLER cam shafts from TODA racing. The reason for the low end performance not being good enough might be because of the way the retard is on that one cam shaft. One cam is for low end and one is for high.

-->>http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/vtec_killer.html

JOEY

AcuraInt3gra said:
If you want to improve your low end performance on an all motor GSR and still want your VTEC to do its job i'd suggest getting the VTEC KILLER cam shafts from TODA racing. The reason for the low end performance not being good enough might be because of the way the retard is on that one cam shaft. One cam is for low end and one is for high.

-->>http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/vtec_killer.html
this would make his car unstreetable. all this talk about people getting respect from all motor blah blah blah, you get respect if youre fast period. Get the turbo and you wont regret it. and your tires wont break loose if you have a good suspension and some sticky tires like the Falken Azenis Sports. My tires dont break loose when I mash the gas on 10 psi with my $140 Tein Springs and my Azenis. another upside to turbo is that it gets all the chicks :mrgreen:

AcuraInt3gra

JOEY said:
this would make his car unstreetable. all this talk about people getting respect from all motor blah blah blah, you get respect if youre fast period. Get the turbo and you wont regret it. and your tires wont break loose if you have a good suspension and some sticky tires like the Falken Azenis Sports. My tires dont break loose when I mash the gas on 10 psi with my $140 Tein Springs and my Azenis. another upside to turbo is that it gets all the chicks :mrgreen:
Either way, by turbo charging a non-turbo car you are still making it "unstreetable." You'll be so F-ed by the police. Santa Cruz police wanted to take me to state Ref. just for having a body kit and basic bolt-ons. You get respect if you dont drive stupid. In my area there is alot of rivalry but lately there hasnt been much runs because of the police crack downs all over the place. Im from san jose and people here go all the way to milpitas just to get chased off by police. But anyway, sure if you want to turbo your integra its cool. I have a friend who fully boosted his 00' civic Si. He says that when you turbo a honda or acura it will require alot of work, money, and maintenance. The gsr head was not designed to take the beating of a turbo so all that has to be redone. Its best if you do it with someone who knows about turbos so you dont mess anything up. Goodluck on the project and let me know how it comes out.

DownShift96GSR

Bah, the police. I'm already known by the police where I live. The police here have a list of the top 150 "street racers" to look for. I'm in the top 100 which isn't too bad but having only had my GSR for 3 months its pretty bad. There's a GSR here in town thats all motor and runs 13s (12s at sea level). And I believe it's not supercharged or using NOS. So I think the all motor/supercharged/NOS set up is nicer and a cleaner set up, plus you don't really see many all motor set ups where I live, they are all turbo'd.

99gsr_

I'm for all motor all the way. The tegs were engineered to run naturally aspirated. Obviously you can slap a turbo on and it'll run like a raped ape, but so will an all motor setup if you know what you're doing. You don't really need 400 whp to make these cars go fast. Maybe I'm just teg purist though.