Which one?

• All-motor TODA

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Greddy Turbocharger

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

AcuraInt3gra

KrNxRaCer00 said:
EDIT: btw, go turbo. more power, less money.
Actually, it costs more to go Turbo than All Motor. You have to spend alot of money to make the engine compatable with the turbo and then you have to spend more on turbo upgrades.

hyper98gsr

i think what he is saying is: it costs much more to get a n/a car AS fast as a turbo car. which is true. turbo'd 12's are alot cheaper than n/a 12's. it may not be anywhere near as reliable, but cheaper. i have a guy that comes to the shop i work at who runs 12.2's consistantly(in colorado @6,000+ft) on a bone stock gsr(in an eg) with a $2k turbo on it. that's 11's at sea level. just had to throw that in there.

KrNxRaCer00

the only thing is (and this is another arguement all in itself) is that all motor isn't always safer. if you're looking for 11-12 second passes from an all motor car, then you'll need to do obvious things like up the c/r and the such. doing so, you'll still be at risk for blowing your motor. no, done right, it can be safe, but the same can be said about FI motors. also, no matter what, all motor or turbo...you still have a lot more h/p trq than the stock transmission, clutch, axles etc are used to taking, therefore you're going to break parts either way.

as for all motor being cheaper, how? you have to make it compatable? most turbo kits will bolt directly onto the stock motor. yes, to run higher boost you'll need to upgrade your internals, fuel system etc, but you'd have to do the same with the all motor set-up if you want to see any real numbers.

i'm not a turbo-nazi or anything (have never owned a turbo car) and i do enjoy all motor, but turbo is simply the cheaper way to go, and if you do it correctly...it can be just as safe as all motor.

hyper98gsr

KrNxRaCer00 said:
the only thing is (and this is another arguement all in itself) is that all motor isn't always safer. if you're looking for 11-12 second passes from an all motor car, then you'll need to do obvious things like up the c/r and the such. doing so, you'll still be at risk for blowing your motor. no, done right, it can be safe, but the same can be said about FI motors. also, no matter what, all motor or turbo...you still have a lot more h/p trq than the stock transmission, clutch, axles etc are used to taking, therefore you're going to break parts either way.
that's very true.

midwestgsr

Have you ever drivin in a boosted gsr? it will blow your all motor spirit out the window..dont get me wrong there are some n/a rides which are hot. :lol:

Last edited:

hyper98gsr

yeah i have. and at first it did change my mind about all motor. but that guy was always having poblems. he eventually bent a rod. everyone i know with a boosted honda has some sort of issue. im not saying its a bad idea, its just that its my only means of tansportation. i cant afford to risk that right now. i would definately look into it when i get another car or truck though.

Baldy201

Quote: Hondata Erick's NA 2.0L gsr
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1997 Integra GSR B18C1 engine.
Bored to 2 liters.
Hondata stage 4
10,800 rpm rev limit
Stock ignition system
Head: Erick's Racing Engines full competition
Intake manifold: modified GSR
Injectors: RC 440 cc
Throttle body: Erick's Racing 70 mm
Header: Erick's Racing custom 4-1 side exit.
1/4mile 10.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Hondata Erick's FI civic gsr

Built and tuned by Erick's Racing
Full body full interior Civic hatch
Stock GSR engine and gearbox
Turbocharged and intercooled with 10 lbs boost
HKS Boost controller
300 Crank horsepower
BF Goodrich Comp TA drag radials
Stock fuel pump
Hondata Stage 2b engine computer upgrade
Erick's Racing fuel pressure regulator
RC 440 injectors
30 + Highway mpg.
1/4mile 12.48 @118 mph

NA engines will produce better times at the same HP as a FI engine cause of the wider torque curve. Granted these are both semi racing engines, but i t proves a point. FI is not always the way to go.

BossPlaya510

hyper98gsr said:
yeah i have. and at first it did change my mind about all motor. but that guy was always having poblems. he eventually bent a rod. everyone i know with a boosted honda has some sort of issue. im not saying its a bad idea, its just that its my only means of tansportation. i cant afford to risk that right now. i would definately look into it when i get another car or truck though.
totally agree.. :headbang: i was boostin my car n it was my only means of transportaion too.. n i was w/out a car more then i would drive the car hahah

hyper98gsr

baldy, have you seen the erick's racing gsr? it is nothing but a shell of mostly fiberglass. it probably dosn't have a piece of metal on it. and it is not a semi race engine in the least. its a full comp. the civic,on the other hand, has full interior and body with a 30+mpg stock motor and stock fuel pump. its not even close to race. those are avg gains for a good turbo gsr kit. . i doubt the longer toque curve of the all motor has much to do with its better time. the tubo app. has much more torque and stays well above the all motor torque throughout the powerband. plus the gsr revs dont drop off until 10.8k. the turbo app. has an avg 8k drop. then, the civc has a stock gsr tranny. the gsr most likely has a built itr tranny or a gsr tranny with modifed final drive and lsd. believe it or not, that can make or break you.

i understand what you are saying, but that is a bad comparison. i would give the turbo civic (assuming it is an eg in good condition) about 6-8k of worth. do you have any idea how much the drag gsr is worth? how many gsr's have you seen built strong enough to rev safely to 10k? i bet if that gsr/civic had the same budget that the teg does, its motor would be alot more built.

Last edited:

midwestgsr

yeah that is some graph, but can you imagine all the tunning it took just to get there? i've read about his car or something about it off t-i.net and was explaining it would took plenty of time and patiance* if you plan on going for a daily drivin' with just minor things i'd go with all motor. but Fi feelzzz so gooood! :lol:

KrNxRaCer00

i was thinking the same thing. what is the weight of each vehicle?

how much does each car have into it (money wise?)

i haven't seen the ericks racing teg, but if its a full out drag car (which it most likely is if it's NA 10 second honda,) then its not a fair comparison at all. if you want to start comparing that level of automobiles, then lets do it evenly. the fastest NA honda just broke into the 9's. the fastest FI honda is deep into the 8's (fwd.) so...down the line (since you wanted to compare these types of cars) FI is still faster.

unless you want to run 13-14's all your life, or you plan on entirely building your motor, i'd suggest going FI. it simply is quicker, cheaper power to get down into the 11's and 12's.

Baldy201

Yea i just through out those graphs and stuff out there to show that FI is not all that. Yea I know that the NA is fully built, and the civic is putting down meger numbers, but the fact that the NA car is wailing on the FI car with the same HP that as some place in this convo. Look at the times though, little less than 2 seconds diffrence between the two.