b20z swap vs b18c1

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
I hear the cylinder walls are weak in case you ever go boost or are rev happy. I would stick with a C1 anyday though. Vtec FTW.

PogKai

B20VTEC
I hear the cylinder walls are weak in case you ever go boost or are rev happy. I would stick with a C1 anyday though. Vtec FTW.
I can personally say that the B20 can rev like other B engines. I rev'd mine past 8,000RPMS without ARP rod bolts or head studs. And about being weak with boost? I'll let you know in a couple of months 8)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Why does it matter how high the car revs? I know its fun to rev high, but as long as I make nice power then 7k is cool with me.

B20s are no good for boost, thin walls.

slammednslowls

always a newbie
Ricky your car pulls great right now with the LS, i dont know why your even thinking about swapping. the only reason im swapping mine is because the motor wasnt strong anymore. i think youd be perfectly happy with a B16 head and type r cams and your GSR LSD tranny, that would be less money and youd be quicker then both the B20 and the GSR. just my opinion bro. i think i backed myself out of buying the B20 now, i may just buy a GSR block and B16 head. give me a call, and my phone isnt off, your calling my other phone. call me on the number i called you on before the HT meet

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
8urcivic said:
well with the setup i have in my ls...i walk gsrs all the time
Imagine how bad you would walk GSR's if you had the same thing done to a B18C1 that you have done to the LS. Since You started with a 28hp deficit and can still beat them that is pretty good for mostly bolt-ons. But imagine if you never had the deficit to begin with. My bolt-on GSR would walk my buddies bolt-on RSX-S. 8)

Plus I like the sound of VTEC at 8K+rpms. It's kinda of addicting

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of it since my asshole friend one upped me and bought a black on black, 06 G35 sedan, 6spd. He put tein basics, adjustable upper control arms, nismo intake, an intake manifold spacer and some 20" rims with a serious dish in the first week he had it. His damn car only has like 1000k miles on it and he is 10 steps ahead of me. :( I just wouldn't know what else to get

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
well reasons for swapping........ls tranny is trashed.....no second..and squeels real bad in 5th. also, ive been burning alot of oil latly.....im pretty sure a valve adjustment would help but i still dont know the proper source. and mick...lsvtec is out of the question....aaron bought my b16 head and my chipped p28.

as far of hearing "vtec crack".....ive never had it, there for i dont and wont miss it. i personally like the responses i get when people find out im rocking nonvtec.

as far as the b20 goes......u can boost them...u just cant boost 30lbs, u have to have a tune, a nice head gasket and some good rod bolts and head studs.

slammednslowls

always a newbie
i think if you dont want vtec but yet have the money to drop on a new motor, take your non vtec motor you already have, and rebuild it with the money you have extra. replace your tranny with a b16 tranny. and rebuild your motor man, you have plenty of ppl to give you a hand too

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
I know everybodys opinion is diferent but if it was me Id get the GSR motor yes more expensive but more reliable set up when making power, coming from a GSR to now an RS I miss vtec but im loving the low end torque, but past 5k on this b18b is sad falls flat on its face were the GSR motor is just starting to get warmed up