Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Maybe a dead coil... which run like $50 a pair.

You’ll definitely need to clean the carbs and get them synced though.

R13

The other asshole
I’ll give up if it’s that much. If I can’t get it running for $35 or less I’m out [emoji23]

Not interested in an f4 repeat

R13

The other asshole
Found that guy’s build thread. He used an R1 front end, and just made the subframe out of simple tubing with a pre bent U for the back. Pretty sure I could handle that.

R13

The other asshole
I can bend pipe, that’s no issue [emoji23]

I could actually probably make mine out of less pieces than he did and not have to weld as much since all I have is a stick welder

R13

The other asshole
This is all post-getting it running shit though, I’m not gonna chop it up if I don’t know that it runs and is reasonably reliable

94RS

No fucks given.
Check into Niche Cycle for oddball pieces. Idk if they’ll have anything for a Sabre or not, but they’re where I found the 2-1 pipe on the KZ.

They’re also like 5mins from where I live and we’ve done plating for them, so I’ve delivered there a few times[emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
At least we know there’s an aftermarket pipe available for it [emoji23]

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say it was a Mac exhaust... they usually make exhausts for the less popular bikes [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
I didn’t actually pay attention [emoji23]

If anything I’ll just gut the stock pipes or cut the inserts in half and put em back.

94RS

No fucks given.
So I keep seeing that Indian is bringing the FTR to production.

I’m calling it now, it’s gonna follow the same path as the XR. Awkward, not many made, and overpriced for what it is [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Pretty much... you can see all the shit that they can’t/won’t put on a production bike... catless exhaust, the carbon body... probably won’t do the tube frame. It’s gotta have big ugly turn signals and a plate holder that stick out further than the rear tire, it’s gotta have fenders/huggers too

Reminds me of the h2r vs the h2 sx... you can CLEARLY see why the sx is only 19k [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
I see them taking a Scout, dressing it up as a tracker and maybe bringing back the Victory Octane engine since it made like 10hp more (and maybe different gearing)

But a bone stock Scout without ABS goes for 12k (13k with ABS), which is what HD was charging for the XR back in 09. Imagine how much more they’re gonna charge for this FTR thing [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Yeeeeeeah... [emoji23]

I’m fucking tired of bike manufacturers and their shit

We could have shit like modern XB’s, CRF650R’s, a modern revamp of the FXR chassis, and a million other sick bikes, but instead we get dressed up bullshit and Harley moves part of their production to Thailand officially making them another generic cruiser brand like vstar and boulevard [emoji23]

Is there a single cool new bike, that either of us would actually give a shit enough to buy and own?

94RS

No fucks given.
We could have shit like modern XB’s, CRF650R’s, a modern revamp of the FXR chassis, and a million other sick bikes, but instead we get dressed up bullshit
I mean... technically we got a modern XB, and nobody bought them.

Then again, the entire idea of the XB was designed in the 80s, so... [emoji23]

Really, we need more people that think like Erik Buell and John Britten. Look up details about this bike if you don’t know about it already

Is there a single cool new bike, that either of us would actually give a shit enough to buy and own?
There’s not really a whole lot of “new” bikes besides dressed up shit [emoji23] But I’d still own one of these if I didn’t have the Integra and C70 to work on.