Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Basically what you’re saying is all that interests us is shit from the late 90s and early 2000s [emoji23]

I just want more psycho torque monster shit that’s indestructible like the 650R and XB’s post oil pump gear issue [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
What I’m saying is that the people that built shit that interests us, because they had the balls to do something different, are ether old or dead [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Ain’t that the god damn truth

That applies to everything from bikes, to cars, to music... just about everything I ever gave a shit about has been non-existent for at least 10 years

R13

The other asshole
Shit sandwich just told me about a ‘98 low rider custom that a friend of his is selling for $1800

“Supposedly”... the spark plugs are gapped too big and it won’t start, which sounds like total bullshit, but we’ll see. I can’t buy it, but shit sandwich might and I might be able to get it off him if it’s worth having.

94RS

No fucks given.
Last year of the Evo in the big twins before the Twin Cam (not counting the FXR CVO's) came out... Meaning it's carbed. And 5 speed. Also, that 82ci makes a bit less power than the 110. 1529787952401.png

R13

The other asshole
Yeah I fully expect it to be a fucking junky ass ugly piece of shit with numerous problems that I have no interest in.

It’s cheap though, I’ll at least consider it if it comes my way

R13

The other asshole
Scratch that shit, it’s not a dyna, they fucked up what it was, it’s a fucking fat boy/road king [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
My mom told me yesterday that it did indeed get parked because of carb trouble. Supposedly it had carb work done but still wasn’t running right, and ultimately quit.

I was looking at the most effective carb cleaning solutions and it looks like Gunk makes a good dip/soaking solution for $25

And I read somewhere that for some reason running a 140 jet on the back carbs, and a 138 front makes them run better so I may rejet while I’m in there.

94RS

No fucks given.
I was actually just comparing different cleaners for the Integra’s replacement intake manifold. All the fucking runners are filled with carbon...

Anyway, skip the Gunk cleaner for Berryman’s Chem Dip (YouTube it). If you wanna go an even cheaper route, grab a gallon or two of SuperClean from Walmart (they’re like $6) and a bucket with a lid.

R13

The other asshole
Apparently berryman’s changed their formula and aren’t nearly as good anymore.

I’d say superclean won’t do it. As long as they’ve been sitting they need some pretty nasty stuff to get all the varnish out.

I did see some pretty great results from the gunk kit. It’s a bucket, dip type thing rather than a spray can.

R13

The other asshole

Well there it is... tag expired in ‘03, front brake lever has nothing, clutch cable got stuck first time I pulled it [emoji23]

Looks a little rougher than I remember, but it could just be that it needs cleaning up. Has 12k miles on it. Got parked with no gas in it though so that’s kinda good news.

94RS

No fucks given.
That thing is way cleaner than you were making it seem [emoji23]

Take some mother’s to the chrome parts, case covers included, and it should clean up pretty good.

R13

The other asshole
It’s been dropped a few times, as you can tell by the banana levers, broken signals, and the road rash on the pipe [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole

Idk how this bitch weighs over 500lbs, it’s smaller than the 350-400lb F4... shorter, and narrower [emoji23]