Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Right now I only have $500 extra set aside for parts, and $5500 to get a bike. Some of which I’ll have to cut into to rent a trailer and go get it, but if this one checks out I’m going to Roanoke with the gf to hang out with her friends over there for New Years, and it’s on the way. About a 30 minute detour.

R13

The other asshole
Been heavily contemplating just buying another XR650. Not that I don’t want the dyna anymore, but I’m searching for a unicorn apparently, and I’m starting to get annoyed with Harley people. They’re just a bunch of egotistical fags, they don’t love riding, or know shit about their bikes, it’s all about desperately trying to be cool.

Dirt bike people don’t give a shit about that [emoji23] and they know their bikes inside and out because you can’t ride off-road, and not know your machine.

Plus the kid in me misses the experience of riding a thumper. Nothing else can even come close to it.

94RS

No fucks given.
Or ya know... get a well maintained, fairly low mileage XB from someone that knows everything about the bike for about $3500 [emoji1787].

R13

The other asshole
That too... but ya know I could actually afford to get some sumo wheels this time and still have plenty of money left. Street titled XR’s are going for 3000-3500 in good shape these days. The only pricey ones are the 05-07’s just because the newer ones are way rarer.

Idk what’s gonna happen yet, I’m not in a rush, but I had the though about 5 days ago and I keep telling myself no, but the idea is growing on me [emoji23]

The XR would be just wholesome, childish, no fucks given fun, and I feel like that’s the right reason to buy a bike, not because I keep telling myself the dyna or some cool looking road bike would be more practical.

94RS

No fucks given.
Couldn’t you just use sportbike wheels on a supermoto?

Probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than getting some spoked shit that you have to keep in true. Other than looks, that was a huge reason I wanted cast wheels on the C70.

R13

The other asshole
Possibly. I’ll have to google around and see if anyone knows.

I was just looking at warp9’s and what in the absolute FUCK... back when I had my first XR you could get a complete set minus brake rotors and tires for $400... that shits at least $800 now.

I really think I might buy another XR though. I feel like I’d enjoy the fuck out of that, more so than any of the other shit I’ve been thinking about

...My mom was like “but don’t you want something manlier like a Harley?”

Yeah because kickstarting that massive motherfucker that’ll break your ankle if it kicks back isn’t manlier than a slow ass fucking electric start Harley [emoji849][emoji23]

A 650R takes more fucking balls to ride than any fucking Harley out there, except maybe the v rod destroyer [emoji23] It may only make 60hp, but it’s just rough and takes some fucking balls to manhandle those big fuckers.

94RS

No fucks given.
Dumbass Harley fans on FB.... apparently people think this Sporty “looks like a crotch rocket”

R13

The other asshole
Even IF.... it’s not like that’s a bad thing in that case... nobody respects sportsters anyway [emoji23]

If it doesn’t slip away I’ll be grabbing this after I get back from partying in Roanoke for New Years

And I fuckin expected all my family/friends to be disappointed that I wasn’t getting the dyna... everybody fuckin agrees that XR will be better because they know how badass my old one was. They were like “As manly as a Harley looks, that big fucker was fucking psychotic and took way more balls to ride” [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
I still want a Roadster. Just don’t have the money, room or time to ride it [emoji23]

More details on that XR though. Street title, year, mileage, mods?

R13

The other asshole
‘02, has an NC street title but I’m not sure if it’s transferable, not worried though, I can get it legal.

All mostly super clean and stock like my old one, pro taper bars, acerbis bark busters, has a trail tech, vapor I think. 1000~ miles, none highway he claims. Comes with some new oem stuff and a spare 6 gallon tank.

It’s essentially just like my old one. Just uncorked and lightly modified.

This one is on the way and I’m honestly thinking about buying it too (because I fucking can [emoji23]) It has excel wheels (expensive cocksuckers) GPR steering stabilizer, HRC jet kit, street gearing, and new brake pads and tires. Also street legal NC title.

R13

The other asshole
Also was just talking to my gf about it and realized... Dyna... 600~ lbs.. 68hp... XR: 245lbs... 65hp [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Also was just talking to my gf about it and realized... Dyna... 600~ lbs.. 68hp... XR: 245lbs... 65hp [emoji23]
Doesn’t the 96 make damn near double the torque of the XR though?

Hell, my XB probably makes around 85hp and 75ish torque based on the dyno charts I’ve seen for similarly modded bikes.