Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
I just got back from Roanoke and I’m still hungover as fuck, but I’m trying to get everything setup for Saturday.

I’m buying both if nothing happens.

R13

The other asshole
$3000, and I’ve got $6200 [emoji23]

One is setup for dirt, and one is full supermoto, both are street legal [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Well shit... more power to ya [emoji23]

Talking to BCG reminded me though, you spend a bit to get the underglow and interior LEDs on the Mustake.

R13

The other asshole
The Mustake needs the exhaust leak fixed, and black headlights before all that shit [emoji23]

I still need to finish fixing the AC too, I got sidetracked when the tensioners blew out and never finished it.

I mainly just want the dirt XR because it looks to be super clean and hardly ridden, and the sumo has a bunch of nice mods. Those excel’s and that GPR stabilizer/triple clamp kit would cost me like $6k on their own. Plus the sumo has the HRC uncork kit which is discontinued.

94RS

No fucks given.
Could always swap the sumo parts onto the dirt bike/dirt parts onto the sumo, then sell it for what you paid.

End up with 3k and a bike nearly the way you want it [emoji1744]‍[emoji3603] or just keep em both [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Keep them both so that when one fucks up the other still works and I don’t have to swap wheels and sprockets depending on what kind of riding I’m in the mood for [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Random thought of the morning: be sure to record your brother’s inevitable bitch fit when you bring home two XR’s, while he’s stuck with the T-Bird that will continue to sit.

94RS

No fucks given.

How’s the sumo ride and when are you getting the Carmichael graphics set for it? [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
The sumo’s actually not massively different. Little shorter. I need more skill to push it and see what it does better

They need a few things before graphics. Sumo needs grips and a couple of gaskets, the dirt one needs a magnet for the trail tech and the carb adjusted for the elevation change.

They’re both fucking psycho though [emoji23] I forgot how fucking snappy and torquey they are

94RS

No fucks given.
Fuck, I know I have extra Trail Tech magnets buried somewhere. Just have no idea where they are [emoji23] A replacement magnet set is only like $12-13. Make sure you’re not missing the speed sensor completely.

Grips are cheap enough to replace though. Can’t beat those ProGrip 780s for the price. What gaskets need replacing?

Also, am I seeing shit or are only have the spokes wrapped red?

R13

The other asshole
I’m very fond of renthal waffle grips... because I grew up riding Honda’s with factory waffles and rentals have a slightly better compound [emoji23]

Sensor is still there, I need to work on the mounting though, that I think is what knocked it off.

I can’t tell if it needs a valve cover gasket, or an upper head gasket, but I have one clean healthy XR, and I drove 5 hours to the sumo so it was going home with me regardless just because of the wheels [emoji23]

I left at fucking 7am, and got home at 7:30pm... to buy 2 fucking XR’s, what the fuck is wrong with me [emoji1787]