Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Idk [emoji23] She’s been doing pretty good though. We don’t really fight, but she pissed me off one day a few months ago and ever since she’s been much more considerate, and understanding of my side of things.

I think it ultimately just comes down to she still doesn’t really know what she wants in life, and she was just being selfish wanting me to up and ditch my life to help her get a place in a town she thought she wants to be in, but now she sees I can’t, and won’t.

Once you get to live in a house where your property is yours and you can do whatever the fuck you want on it... apartment life sounds like a fucking prison sentence. No thanks.

R13

The other asshole
Pro circuit T4. It’s gutted though and it’s throwing off the carb, it doesn’t wanna idle, so I’m gonna contact pc and see if they can get me the baffle insert/perforated tube thing and just send me a repack kit with it too for a reasonable price because it runs kinda shitty and it’s obnoxious. It sounds like a vw bug with one of those giant megaphone Baja pipes [emoji23]

I definitely prefer the stock can with the HRC spark arrestor though, sounds a lot deeper and gives it that ground pounding thump.

Used stock can is 150ish though so I’d rather fix the T4 for 60-80, plus the T4 changes the powerband and I’m curious just how so.

94RS

No fucks given.
Guarantee they’d be cunts and try to sell you a whole new slip on [emoji23]

They sell the baffles as “quiet inserts” on their website, just make sure to measure the can beforehand. And take off that shitty ass black paint [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Not the end cap, the actual thing that keeps the packing material from collapsing

LA choppers sells it, but if pro circuit can get me one for reasonable I’d rather have the one it’s meant to have.

94RS

No fucks given.
I know not the end cap [emoji23] there’s like 6(?) different ones listed under “quiet cores”. I guess it goes by year/end cap design and diameter of the can.

R13

The other asshole
That’s just the spark arrestor [emoji23]

I need the rigid mesh tube that goes the entire length of the can to hold the packing in place.

I put the 4.3 gallon on... not sure I like it. Fitment isn’t very good either, had to kinda force it in place... I’ll probably take it back off tomorrow [emoji23]

Also looked up part numbers and realized a good number of the HRC/Honda power-up/uncork parts are in the spare parts box, so I’m gonna tear it down soon and make sure it’s uncorked properly.

Bigger intake boot

Mix of 68s/175/170/168 jets

Also gonna be ordering the HRC spark arrestor soon too, that’s what I think my old one may have had and why it thumped so hard, and I heard rumors it’s discontinued, but you can still buy them from dealers so I want one before they’re a rare $500+ part.

R13

The other asshole
I’m starting to think you’re bored [emoji23] but thanks for looking it up anyway

In my head I thought it would look as good as this guy’s

But his is a clarke which has some slightly different styling queues than the IMS that I have, and after reading up not many people seem to like IMS tanks... so I’ll be putting the stock one back on later [emoji23]

Also found out my front fender is missing 2 bolts because the holes in the triples have broken, and half-assed drilled out bolts broken off in them, so I’ll be fixing that when I do dork seals.

Oddly enough though I’m enjoying the fuck out of having stuff to do on this bike. XRR’s are incredible machines, and it’s just cool as fuck to be in their presence. Even parked these monster fuckers just have a presence like no other bike. It’s insane that a big company like Honda actually made, and sold something this batshit, and this big to the general public, and didn’t get sued.

R13

The other asshole
The Sumo isn’t quite as big. Height wise it’s no bigger than a 450 mx bike, but Chungus... the bars are just below shoulder level on me. That thing is fucking huge. It’s slightly over 7ft long and damn near 6ft tall from bars to the ground. I’d say like 5’9”-5’10”

94RS

No fucks given.
It seriously took like less than 2min to look up and cross reference that it wasn’t the stock part. Just have to not suck at the google [emoji23]

Your big tank doesn’t look as good as that one because you’ve got a red seat, you’re missing the Carmichael graphics and your tank isn’t white, it’s piss yellow [emoji1787]

As for the size of the thing, it’s still smaller than a BMW GS [emoji23]