Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
And only on one wheel [emoji23] they’re just those drink straw covers. It has standard chrome spokes

94RS

No fucks given.
I think I paid like... $20? for these spoke covers about 3-4 years ago. They’re around $10 now.

It blows my mind how cheap people can be on something so fucking inexpensive after spending so much money on all the other shit on that bike.

R13

The other asshole
I’ll probably just remove them and shine up the chrome, and polish the wheels out.

I was thinking of powder coating my dirt rims black too and having the chrome spokes.

I’m not gonna lie the sumo is pretty beat, but it still runs just as good as the dirt one (I’m gonna have to name these fuckers [emoji23]) For the excel rims, the GPR stabilizer kit, and the ohlins, I’m more than happy with it. I’m gonna look into the overall health of the engine before I start modding it, but I will fix the stupid shit like the missing killswitch, and the missing decompression lever

Oh also it has aftermarket radiators, not sure what brand though, but they look nicer than stock [emoji1787]

And the guy I bought the dirt one from also gave me a sweet leather, armored Alpinestars jacket. Brand new, it didn’t fit and he didn’t wanna send it back, but it fit me [emoji23] I think it’s the TZ-1, but I’m not 100% on that.

R13

The other asshole
Future mod for the dirt XR: Trail tech X2

I’m probably gonna end up doing more work to it than the moto because I like it more [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
The style. The R’s actual headlight bulb/housing is also smaller than the L so it won’t fit, and the L’s fairing is hideous [emoji23]

The X2 is also supposedly a pretty good light.

94RS

No fucks given.
Good luck trying to wedge an LED like the ones in our cars in that tiny ass thing [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Scratch that, the videos show the low beam too far out, and the high beam glares off the fender bad.

I should just get Baja lights [emoji23]

But in all seriousness I do need something bright, and adjustable. I might just get a regular light for looks, and get bar mounted auxiliary lights to use as my actual low beams.

94RS

No fucks given.
Well it is made for trail riding [emoji23]

I was gonna suggest the Baja lights, but I’m pretty sure those are also “spot” lights. (Thin, long beam). What you need is a combination flood/spot light.

One of these is what I’ll be getting for the C70 if I can figure out how to mount and wiring it the way I want them. (Double single or single dual)

94RS

No fucks given.
Wait, does chungus have a battery? You can’t run LEDs straight off the stator.... which will also probably need to be replaced to an HD one to handle charging the battery.

R13

The other asshole
It does not, most people just rewind the stator for dual outputs and run electronics off that.

It has an LED brake light that works fine though.

94RS

No fucks given.
How many of these people are running led headlights off of it though? [emoji23] I tried that with a cheap light bar when I had the chuckus... shit popped after like two days.

You could probably get away with running an ac to dc voltage regulator like I’m gonna use for the lights. Koso makes one for about $20-30 depending on where you get it.

One wire grounded to frame/engine, one goes to a stator accessory wire, the other two are +/- wires of the lights.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/KOBL000010/Voltage+Regulator+KOSO+.aspx?_country=E993AB67-6807-4109-BBED-F6374EBF9F9B&gpc_origin=pla&gpc_feed_alias=us&gpc_pid=KOBL000010&gclid=Cj0KCQiA68bhBRCKARIsABYUGic_4-92YShN1g06iHh1ZTPolZ9Fn8E2PjbJ803i5DN7s7DksXPEE38aAlhQEALw_wcB

R13

The other asshole
Honestly I have no idea wtf I’m doing [emoji23] I need to scour the forums and read the FSM before I start fucking with shit.

I need to check and make sure they’re both jetted properly too since they came from like 300-500ft higher elevation.

God I have got too much fucking shit to do, and now I just wanna ride my fucking XR’s [emoji23]

Just for perspective:

- Gotta clean the upstairs attic/room out so my gf can start moving in (we’ve currently got it packed full as storage
- Gotta clean out and tear out the closet in my room to fit a bigger bed for me and my gf
- Truck still needs all those parts I bought installed
- Mustang needs tie rod ends
- Mom’s truck needs the brakes locking up issue finished fixing and plug wires
- Gotta research and find a good wireless security cam DVR system for my grandfather’s house
- Gotta clean the fuck out of my garage because the XR’s are crammed in and I have to move my truck every time I get em out

And of course now I have XR’s to fine tune and enjoy [emoji23]

Too much fucking shit.