Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
That same $50-80 would quickly turn into 250-300 if you had to source everything yourself though [emoji23] I’ll take a picture of the V8Roadsters parts when I bring them back so you can see a better idea of how the black anodize looks [emoji1303]

I thought you were gonna get the Baja dual sport kit for the sumo. Why not just use the headlight and shit that comes with that rather than the X2?

As for the 8in light thing, that’s gonna be near impossible to find one that isn’t trash at a decent price. 7in is the standard, could even use a Jeep headlight if you have an empty bucket.

Oh, so go fucking figure that the paint on the lips of the C70s new wheels would crack and chip in places when mounting the tires... cheap ass Malaysian shit [emoji23].

Anyway, remember those RimBlade things we were talking about a while ago for the Mustang? I ordered a set of the red ones to try to cover the shit so I wouldn’t have to powder coat the wheels already (maybe next set of tires). Stupid thing is that the American distributor is out of stock of certain colors, and they’re back ordered til March. Ordering direct from the manufacturer in the UK, it says arrival date of Feb 1-7, and the shit was like $6 cheaper than the American distributor [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
7” would work. For some reason I was thinking 8” was the standard.

I honestly can’t fucking decide on the sumo headlight [emoji23] I want something that’s not a turd light output wise, but I also want it to look good.

Did you ever post pics of the wheels once you got em? I can’t remember lol

94RS

No fucks given.
Random thought, step down to a 5-3/4in light and you could pickup a daymaker for cheap. There’s dozens on Amazon under $50. Then pair it with abSportster/Lowrider S-style fairing

But yeah, I posted the wheels when I got them.

^ the double stripes have scrapes on them too, so I’m hoping the RimBlades at least cover it up that far like all the pics I’ve seen

94RS

No fucks given.
So the chipped lips on the wheels are pissing me off the more I look at them....

Decided that I’m gonna pull off the tires/tubes and strip the wheels, get them re-powder coated white (place that did the Integra’s wheels), and mount a set of Avon tubeless tires. RimBlades are still gonna be put on after the tire are on.

Pretty much the only fucking company outside of India that makes a tubeless small enough... and they needed to be special ordered through Summit Racing of all places. (The wheels are supposed to have tubeless tires to begin with)

R13

The other asshole
Figured that’d get to you [emoji23] but it would me too

Chungus has a bit of a clutch noise. Starts off as a little ticking sound when it’s cold, works it’s way into just sounding kinda like a semi-loud dry clutch kind of sound.

Clutch springs have to be replaced with stronger ones when you uncork so I was gonna open it anyway, but hopefully it’s just the bushing, or maybe the discs. We both know since it was never uncorked they’ve never done the clutch in it. It feels good though, plenty smooth, no slip or roughness, not even if you bog it down and make it hammer like an impact.

94RS

No fucks given.
Do they still sell the upgraded clutch kit for those, or are you gonna have to go aftermarket?

R13

The other asshole
I think for the basket/discs. XR’sonly sells the HD clutch springs.

The stock clutch basket is the best along with the Hinson unit that also has the rubber dampers built in to keep the shock down on the trans. As for discs I’d probably go oem, but people swear by the dirt digger kit.

R13

The other asshole
Getting back into dirt biking in my older, more sentimental, ponderous age has taught me just how much I never appreciated nature.

It’s nice to just get out where people absolutely will not fuck with you, and realize that you’re so far out that you could die and no one would ever find you. There’s a sense of freedom about that that just feels so damn nice [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Only took my job taking me through small towns in the middle of fucking nowhere to appreciate the uncommercialized world [emoji23]

94RS

No fucks given.
Apparently Avon has to make the rear tire I need, so that won’t be here til the end of next month.... But the front showed up today.

I got the tracking number for it around 11:30, it was delivered at 10.... Guess I’ll be ordering from Summit more often if that’s how they do shipping [emoji23]

R13

The other asshole
Summit rarely has stuff I need, but they’re awesome when I do need stuff from them [emoji23] I ordered an axle shaft for an 8.8 once and had it in 2 days. Bastard weighed like 40lbs too.

I’m getting started on checking the valve clearance on Chungus and rejetting the carb, but first I wanted to mount the mirror, and adjust my trail tech position, not that it was a drastic change, but I always enjoy getting a new bike and just loosening everything on the bars and adjusting it to me.

94RS

No fucks given.
What the hell am I looking at here... The overflow leading back to the top? Missing fuel feed line? Lighting?

R13

The other asshole
The Home Depot hose clamp on the intake boot [emoji23]

Look at the size of this fucker, it’s like twice the size of a 450 carb [emoji23] I wear XL gloves and it still looks huge lol

R13

The other asshole

The piston in this fucking carb is as big as the actual engine piston in the YZ [emoji23]