Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

dopematic

Nice motor Nick! this looks like its gonna be a monster 2.X liter

How well does those Arias spiral wrist pins work? this wrist pin's doesn't need to be pressed in?

Nick_C78

How well does those Arias spiral wrist pins work? this wrist pin's doesn't need to be pressed in?
It seems to work well. Gives an even tension around the whole clip. It would be a pain to remove though, but I think they make a special tool for it. And nah, forged rods don't need to be pressed.

Ok, I can't be the only one laughing at this line....:lol:
:twisted:

R13

The other asshole
Sometimes lube doesn't do the trick.

Nick_C78

I am actually breaking down and just going to have Golden Eagle build the short block. The value of this is just too high for me to risk it dying like the other motors. As much as I love building engines I am going to let them do this one, because I want it to last a while and take the abuse I will throw at it. I just simply don't have the tools to get all the clearances that perfect...

Nick_C78

Thanks joe.

We haven't had a meet in a while Madness. Everyone has been busy with work or their car is down, or both. We should make one soon

Nick_C78

Golden Eagle is currently building the short block. It is going to be really exciting to see the results of all the hard work this time around.

In the mean time it was decided to play around with wrapping the Skunk2 Alpha Header.

It took a little over two hours and used up over 80 feet of DEI Titanium heat wrap. Not sure it was worth the work, but it is a fairly cheap mod to do and the car does produce a fair amount of heat during a session so in theory it should help keep the temperature down under the hood.

Nick_C78

It was time to get rid of the Silver Integra and get a real daily. Opted for something that can tow the DC2, because driving it to the track now is impractical.

The new toy: 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD