HALF USM / HALF JDM (56k..go get a drink)

konerri

Just went through most of your thread. This is f***en awesome!! Great project!! Love your engineering and respect the patience of your build. These are the threads that got me attracted to going on the forums in the first place and inspires me work on my own build . Keep up the good work!! :thumbs up :thumbs up

Also, if you come to cali, I hope to see this bad b**** in real life. It would an honor :thumbs up
i do come to cali. just without the car. i was just there in the spring time.

konerri

OK heres what i've done so far tonight.

TEST FIT AND CUTTING s*** OUT THE FRAME: Reason for this is because some of these parts that i have are not "designed" for the teg. Ex: intercooler and crazy big radiator. had to cut out the verticle driver's side headlight support to fit my semi-tucked radiator. Also had to cut out the hood latch support to fit the intercooler. The hood latch support has been drilled and rebolted to the bumper support bar that goes across the frond end. (video will show this later).

front end test with radiator and intercooler installed.

passenger sie cut headlight support, to clear radiator:

top view of semi-tuck, 2.5 inch thickness dual pass on this radiator. Also shows how far the mugen bumper covers up under the car's front end

Garret 400 hp intercooler sqeeeeeezzzeed in to place.

Is that an intercooler in there?

back right side view, head light support is safe from cutting:

another view:

hood back on the car and done for the night. Yes, the cats like to sleep on the carbon hood.

Last edited:

konerri

So pictures are a little old school now aren't they? here's the video... enjoy a little piece of heaven.

[YOUTUBE="Vlog #000"]gYa4ITn5KgM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
oh wtf is this... a mo0o0ogen bumper too? :thumbs up

konerri

no big update but i did buy some new rims for the project. These are my all time time favorite wheels after the Mugen MF10.

Specs on these bad boys are 17 x 9 +45

konerri

been busy looking for a new job and starting other things in life. So been a little slow. Sound like people like the web build so be focusing on that too.

konerri

u gotta get a set of MF10s anyways!!! lol

nice wide specs!. whats the weight on them?
dude you don't even know how bad i want a set of MF10s. The only one downside of MF10s is that i won't track them because they are collector items now. I roll them for show but that about it.

Weight one the RGII are 17 ibs 11 ounces for my 17 x 9 +45 offset

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
dude you don't even know how bad i want a set of MF10s. The only one downside of MF10s is that i won't track them because they are collector items now. I roll them for show but that about it.

Weight one the RGII are 17 ibs 11 ounces for my 17 x 9 +45 offset
you dont want them bad enough kong!!! lol thats why you get 2 set! i've been collecting too while you've been taking the detour for some time now... you're becoming grandpa status now. knock them dust of them bones! :p

konerri

^ trying to man. But it hard getting back into the FF game when new cars like BRZ and Suupras are so affordable now. But things will come together.

Swerve

Shawn
Brz is just not that great from what ive seen. Not enough HP for its weight

Last edited:

konerri

OK here is wheel test fitting on the front knuckles. Enjoy the beastly rims.

[YOUTUBE="Project RED: Vlog #002 - Adavan wheels and tire talk"]50YdTP1iI6U[/YOUTUBE]

konerri

Also got a product review for you all. i will post this here and in the review section as well.

[YOUTUBE="Private Label Seat Rails"]cj3ypJMZios[/YOUTUBE]

konerri

OK. The wheels and tires are mounted and are on the car. Tires are the Dunlop ZII in 255/40/17. Amazingly is clears everything when you not turning. But when you turn 1.25 times past the center, the tires do rub on the frame of the car. my brother says you can fix that.

Frontal view:

Clearance check: