HALF USM / HALF JDM (56k..go get a drink)

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Holy crap that's close to the fender wall. Don't think they will rub going around corners? Looks good though!

konerri

Currently i have don't think it will be a problem with turning on the track because your range of steering is only about 100 degrees left and right front center, the tires currently clear that. The most likely problem is with city driving and making three point turns and that type of maneuvers. So the easy fix would be to put on a space; 10 mm is the likely choice. The other thing is suspension travel. Currently the car is on maximum drop allowable from the PIC Selects. i have about .5 in of clearance between tires and underside of wheel well(part under the fenders and above the tires). Raising the height is no problem but that's not the plan. i like the current height of the car and will likely be modifying some metal frame pieces to make it work.

Remember, the build's priority #1 is looks and priority #2 is function.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
pretty meaty tires. whats the specs? looks good.

turning shouldn't be a problem. i'd just be worried about the rebound from a bump on a apex or something.

konerri

here's the video to better explain everything.

Tires are 255/40/17

[YOUTUBE="wheel and tires problems"]VCrWA2sJjPg[/YOUTUBE]

konerri

thanks for the kind words. So my brother and i are looking at the clearance issue with rebound/bound/suspension travels. And we have decided that we are going to have to do some serious cutting of some frame pieces and we'll likely have to reinforce some areas. Stay tuned for craziness that going to happen in the coming weeks. i promise, this stuff hasn't been done before.

konerri

finally an update. in the video, i show you the headaches of the F2K swap and how it is put together works.

[YOUTUBE="F2K Swap"]czHi6pYLjDE[/YOUTUBE]

The kits is a pain and not straight forward bolt up setup. This may the reason why people haven't jumped on this wagon .

Last edited:

konerri

Update!!!

The engine is back in the car and it drops another .5 inch in the front. The oil cooler and filter relocation kit is tested fitted. Clutch line is test fitted. HID Ballast will clear intercooler piping at the throttle body side. Engine is too heavy and now the 17 are rubbing on the upper tire well so the 16s are back for a little bit. Porsche 911 turbo lip in test fitted to Mugen bumper and i know it will look good after modifying to fit. Yeah, i said it! 911 lip on a Mugen front bumper. i know the parts don't all line up right now because they are not bolted in. But use some imagination.

Some eye candy because i know you is bored of reading.

Video will be up as soon as i upload it.