Integraguy04's new whip - 1988 Honda CRX HF

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
I kind of had a feeling it might have been the EGR valve. You know what? That might be the culprit to my misfiring problem too. I'll be sure to check it out.
Yeah i would i just blocked it off...imma have a shop make me like an aluminum block off when i get around to it

man im sorry i didnt see this earlier. thats the first thing i check on a car with a misfire complaint if it has a egr valve
its ayt man, i learned a lot from it lol

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
So ill have pics up in a couple days but i figured i would give everyone a sit-rep on what has been done and what still has to be done...

Completed

New axle
New o2
Speedo cable replaced
Heater assembly fixed (was cracked)
Carpet installed
Interior installed
Oil changed
New distributor cap/rotor
New plugs and wires
EG Si header installed (no cat now)
Rear shoes/drums/hardware replaced
New front pads
Window regulator replaced

Think ive spent about 700 or so replacing everything

Needs to be completed

Rear hatch hinge
find trunk cover (prolly impossible though)
fix exhaust (header collector is too big for one on my car)
get rid of ricer muffler

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yeah i would i just blocked it off...imma have a shop make me like an aluminum block off when i get around to it
Would blocking off the EGR valve have any negative effects?

So ill have pics up in a couple days but i figured i would give everyone a sit-rep on what has been done and what still has to be done...

Completed

New axle
New o2
Speedo cable replaced
Heater assembly fixed (was cracked)
Carpet installed
Interior installed
Oil changed
New distributor cap/rotor
New plugs and wires
EG Si header installed (no cat now)
Rear shoes/drums/hardware replaced
New front pads
Window regulator replaced

Think ive spent about 700 or so replacing everything

Needs to be completed

Rear hatch hinge
find trunk cover (prolly impossible though)
fix exhaust (header collector is too big for one on my car)
get rid of ricer muffler
Good progress Kyle. I don't even want to list all the things that I need to do for my ED8. :mrgreen:

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Would blocking off the EGR valve have any negative effects?

Good progress Kyle. I don't even want to list all the things that I need to do for my ED8. :mrgreen:
lol thanks matt...yeah i just wanted to get the car pretty much to how i wanted it so i can focus on my teggy now:)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
the D15 Si motor didnt come with a EGR valve correct? My friend is having some weird problem with his CRX right now keeps wanting to die and backfiring, idk what it is haha

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
the D15 Si motor didnt come with a EGR valve correct? My friend is having some weird problem with his CRX right now keeps wanting to die and backfiring, idk what it is haha
im not sure about whether it came with it, but the EGR is a big done thing right next to the left side of the fuel rail (facing the car) and is just behind the dizzy. It also has two clips on it and has a vaccum port on top that goes to emissions...

As for the backfiring and wanting to die, i would do all the things that i did just try one and move on...if it wants to die i would consider checking the IACV

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah thats what im thinking, thought it was the firing order but its not im realy not sure whats wrong with ti and neither does the owner, and hes the master mind behind my car

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
yeah thats what im thinking, thought it was the firing order but its not im realy not sure whats wrong with ti and neither does the owner, and hes the master mind behind my car
oooohh lol well i would also check timing, maybe calibrate the TPS, maybe even a compression check...

I mean there are a lot of dumb things that make a car hiccup, pretty much start with the less costly options and go up from there