Looks or performance, Help!

97teg4l

k. I just bought a 95 Teg. What's the first thing I should do. I am stuck between looks and performance. Help me out.

97teg4l

alright thanks. Umm I've heard it is ok to just use stock springs and trim them. Is that true or what?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
What are you goals with this car? What kind of style of a car are you shooting for? (i.e., Drag/Road Course/Daily driver or a mix). I'd say definitely performance trumps looks. What budget are you working with?

rob1570

DC2 GS-R
Definitely performance. Looks can wait. But yea +1 on the suspension, maybe an intake. But def don't cut your springs that's ghetto, and your stock springs aren't designed for that. Try some eibach or tein springs

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
alright thanks. Umm I've heard it is ok to just use stock springs and trim them. Is that true or what?
Cutting the OEM springs is so ghetto. Please don't do it. The ride quality will turn to shit.

97teg4l

I'm looking for a dd but somthng that is fun to drive and has some power and turns heads. Like nothng too over the top. And I'm on a very tight budget. Alright yea I kinda thought there wassomething wrng with cutting springs LOL

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
If you cut the springs you will hate yourself for destroying the ride of the car. Eibach and Tein both make lowering springs for around $240. And if you're really in a pinch for cash H&R makes a set for like $170. Just pair them with a nice set of struts, a rear swaybar and some OK tires, you'll have a basic but decent suspension setup.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol... tight budget and performance/good looks/fast/low/anything don't work well together...

you need to be willing to pay to play. haha

mirrorimg

No one ever takes into consideration how bad the car looks to start with. It doesnt matter making the car fast if you are embarassed to drive it. Is the body damages at all? Paint chipping/peeling/fading (is your originally red car pink now?) I agree with the performance aspect before appearance, but only if you are fine with how the car looks now.
On another note, before you go off buying parts for the motor, think no if you want to put in a turbo down the road. Some N/A performance mods wont be compatible with a turbo setup, and you will have wasted your money. PS I like how your name is 97teg, but yuo got a 95 :D