My db7 project build aka hellafresh

Cman46290

great work man... looks fantastic.... i would love to have the time to have my car down long enough to rebuild mine.... i have a 2 year old son.. and this in my DD... :/

Cant wait to see more~

k20wagon

great work man... looks fantastic.... i would love to have the time to have my car down long enough to rebuild mine.... i have a 2 year old son.. and this in my DD... :/

Cant wait to see more~
Thanks man and its pretty hard for us right now cause we got only one car to share between both of us. It's only been under the build so far for 2 weeks and I am only able to work on it for a couple of hours. If I could work on it all day I could of had it done by now lol.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
why didnt you put thicker rod bolts in since you had it that far pulled apart?

9k revs > 7k revs

sn: if you did, i just missed it.

k20wagon

why didnt you put thicker rod bolts in since you had it that far pulled apart?

9k revs > 7k revs

sn: if you did, i just missed it.
If I had more cash I would have done more to this build but it took all my expenses lol.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
i understand.

build it right the first time!!

ive built a few lsv setups and i refuse to put my name behind them without 8mm rod bolts. i swear by them!

clean build tho.

k20wagon

I have built a couple of honda motors but they wasn't a stock rebuild lol. This build is mainly to get it on the road plus still an automatic so. More stuff will come as the 5 speed swap comes. After this build I am gonna help this one guy wit the zc that is in the background of some of the pics. We are gonna bore it and other good stuff.

k20wagon

Doing some work on the valve cover today, got all the paint off and sand blasted it. Got it in the parts cleaner now washing it. Stay tuned for pics.

k20wagon

Ya sure is, gonna drop the motor in first so I don't screw up the paint. The wife is wanting to paint it wrinkle red and she wants to paint the Honda letters gold.

k20wagon

Got to dropping the motor in today. Didn't get to far but made some progress with the time I had. Put the motor on the hoist and torque the flexplate on to 55 ft lbs and dropped it on in.

On the hoist and getting ready to put the flexplate on.

Now getting it in.

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Should of cleaned the bay, wire tuck and deleted ABS while the engine was out! Either way, it's looking good man! Engine is gonna be the cleanest part on the car! Haha!

k20wagon

It's definitely gonna be the most clean part of the car. Really needing this on the road though. The next time I deal with motor being pulled and everything gonna do wire tuck and stuff.

k20wagon

Made a lot of progress today on the teg, got all brackets, ac, condenser, radiator, hoses, wireharness and tons more done today, only three things left until it is ready to crank and that's put the header on, drive belts and fill her up with all the fluids it needs.

Last edited: