My db7 project build aka hellafresh

k20wagon

Update, got the teg together and fluids are in it but out of everything the negative battery cable was missing wtf. So now gotta wait to get that.

milano_red

Subscribed! I'm going to use this on my future build!

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

k20wagon

It definitely feels good to here it finally and running good. I am putting the coilovers on now.

k20wagon

Also got front coilovers on today. The rear will come tomorrow along with repainting the steelies.

k20wagon

Ahh its ok for now, sometimes it is good having a auto in some situations but still want it a manual.

k20wagon

Just alittle update on the teg. I am putting coilovers on it and I get to the rear and every bolt on the rear hub, struts, lcas where seized up and wouldn't come loose with even a impact gun. All the bushings are shot as well. I had to heat up the bolts and use pb blaster since it works better when it gets hot. The bolt for the lca and the hub broke off so got to drill that out.

The struts are crap to, the top nut won't come off cause they stripped, I dunno why cause I had no problem with the front. So now I gotta buy some struts. I would just replace the bushings on the lcas but I am just gonna go ahead and buy some gold blox lcas and get that out of the way.

So while I replace the struts and lcas I will be removing the hole hub and cleaning it and get rid of most of the rust and stuff and coat them. Going to put anti seize on all the bolts as well so that the bolts seizing up will not happen in the future.

Last edited:

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'll hook you up on lcas :) I think everyone that works suspension on these cars run into issues. Especially if the car sees rough winters/snow etc.

k20wagon

What lcas are they and are they gold? And I have heard from a lot of people it happens a lot on these models. But I mean lesson learned never buy a car from up north that has not been well maintained

Jabes

just an fyi blox lca bushings tend to go bad if you drive kinda agressive, I wore mine out after about 5k of dd/ and some tracking