Not Getting Fuel!

sr94 3000gt

i kinda posted my problem in anther forum so i started my own so no one gets pissed lol but im not getting fuel i have a 92 ls with a b18. at 1st i was getting no spark til i stole a dizzy from a junkyard today LOL:shock: and now its throwing a hot white spark with blue at both ends it turns over strong. the dizzy looked almost brand new but i have a new cap,[rotor looked new], plugs, wires, battery, fuel pump. ok so the problem is....it turns over all day with NO start-up. it has spark so i started checking other stuff. main relay seems fine it clicks twice with the [CEL] going on and off. i thought the pump was dead but while the [CEL] is on i hear it whirring....soooo i take the inlet line off of the fuel filter and turn it over. the rag i had on it was bone dry nothing came out. if the pump comes on like normal and it has spark, WTF can be wrong? if anyone has any ideas on what it could be PLEASE let me know.

could the FPR [fuel pressure regulator] cause this problem?

any help much appreciated:)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
well unless your out of gas it still could be you pump or a line off in your fuel tank

sr94 3000gt

nope dont smell gas at all. i guess ill have to get under the car and look. i guess i might have a kink in the line some where. the DUMBASS kid i bought this car from didnt know anything about cars AT ALL LOL just put in gas and go....didnt even know how to change oil! it was dead when i bought it from him because i thought it was the pump. so i looked my way around the engine it needed a tune up BAD so i gave it some tlc and everything should be good for when it FINALLY does start up. then ill run it a little bit then rebuild the engine! lol

sr94 3000gt

ok me and my buddy messed around with it today and we found out that when we had put the main fuel line on the tank we had tightened the bolt down too tight so the holes didnt line up. we dropped the tank, took the new pump out and put it in a bucket of gas and straight wired it to the battery and it squirted gas and so did the old pump when we tested it! but when the old pump was on it, it wasnt getting spark but i didnt know that at the time. long story short it was all hooked back up and turned over and now it putts while turning over it will turn over a second then PUTT a puff of black smoke comes out the tail pipe but thats all it will do and the starter is acting funny like its going out. it will whirr 3-4 times like normal then whirr real slow one time and stop. battery is still fully charged so its not dead. try again and the same thing! then it got to where i could hear the plunger clunk inside the starter and that was all. not even a turn over. then try again and it would turn over again. WHAT THE F*** is WRONG with this CAR!!!!!!! its driving me crazy! any help at ALL please!? ill try a new starter or rebuild the old one and see if that helps. do you think thats the problem?

sr94 3000gt

this sucks...

REALLY? are you SERIOUS?:shock: no one has replied to give me an answer? WTF!? i thought forums were all about talking to other members but no one seems to care about my problem!:roll: has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it? its going to be my girlfriends car and she really wants it running. PLEASE!? someone help i need this car running as soon as possible. any help will be appreciated

Last edited:

kfed

Just wondering if and when you get it to crank again or whenever it cranks have you tried to pump the gas pedal to get it to catch on? does it catch on? Just to make sure on the simple stuff does it the fuel supply fuel before and after the fuel filter? Nothing clogging up the air ways?

sr94 3000gt

thanks for answering! yeah i pump the gas pedal and it sounds like it wants to fire up that much more. you know, like its helping it. and the airways....im not so sure. i have a short ram cold air intake with filter. but the starter IS acting funny. would the starter going bad cause it to miss fire like the way its doing? i dont know much about acuras/hondas this is my 2nd one i had a 90 accord and kept it for only a few months til i got the car im driving now. but thats why im here im willing to learn

Xxoakclifftxx

The Hulk
well i saw the post and i have a couple of suggestions. i will post more tomorrow. don't have alot of time right now. have you checked your fuel injectors?they could be clogged.also check your fuel filter. it may be clogged also.have you checked the lines to see if they had clear passages?i will put more post on tomorrow.i'll try to pitch a couple ideas that i kno might work. good luck

mirrorimg

Is there power getting to the pump? When you turn on the ignition, do you hear the pump hum? If you dont, you need to get out a multi meter and see if theres power at the pump with the ignition in the ON position.

It could be your pgm-fi (main) relay, located under the dash.

Also, there are many other sources of information other than this website. If you have a question that nobody replies to because they dont have answer, I suggest pro-actively searching for one. There are tons of honda sites ripe with information. I regularly link people to these other sites as to not re-create the wheel and rehash all of the information I have found myself.

Last edited:

sr94 3000gt

thanks everyone! main relay is good. power is getting to the pump its getting fuel at least to the filter because it squirted out a little bit after we fixed the main line at the tank. i have not checked the injectors so i will check them, i thought about it but wasnt sure. and the fuel filter IS an old part i havent replaced yet....but ill just keep writing down ideas and looking elsewhere for info also :) keep the ideas rolling!

cowgirl

Have you checked the fuel pressure regulator? you mentioned that the starter is acting funny, have you checked that over really good ( just got done with that one myself) but keep your head up, its a process of elimination now.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
have you checked your timing? From the starting issue, it almost sounds like your car is fighting to get past something in the way.... I had that same problem with 2 different civic motors... one the timing was way off and smashed a valve, the other was ran without oil and had no compression at all.

Check your compression, run a leak down test, then check your timing.