Not Getting Fuel!

sr94 3000gt

not sure what the injectors or head gasket looks like i wont get to check it out til monday but im sure the head gasket is fine. and yeah when i got the car it barely had a drop of oil in it:shock: but thanks for all your suggestions i wanna be busy monday when im off! :) keep it coming!

sr94 3000gt

well i got a starter re build kit off ebay and rebuilt the starter so maybe this will fix it. the old contacts in the starter were wore down to the thickness of a dime and looked awful

sexystover

yea i was guna say your starter was acting funny cus you used it so much, bu you figured that out,have you tried taking off the fuel rail with the injectors still connected and cranking it once or twice to see if they spray? if they do check ignition timing, and if thats good i would check motor timing

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Others have said it but I will make a list of possibilities.

Check your timing, like the guy before me said, take off the fuel rail with the injectors attached and see if they spray, and check the fuel filter.

Good luck!

LadyDA

fuel pump

i had the similar problem at one point
and it could be the fuel pump
if the sock fell off it could explain why
youre not getting fuel

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
just for the hell of it check you iacv it under the throttle body.It ay need to be cleaned or its adjusted wrong.i found that out on an old ls hatch i had

sr94 3000gt

ok thanks everyone! i havent had time to look lately because of work but im off for a while for christmas so im gonna go have at it when im off! lol
oh and the iacv? i didnt even think of that. i will def. look at everyones suggestions. the boy i bought it from realized what a big mistake he made and wants to buy it back i said hell NO! LOL

Last edited:

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Check injectors, fuel filter, fuel rail, timing, fuel lines and now the starter. I'll even suggest the fuel regulator cus if thats stuck in the open position your fuel pressure will be little to none. A clog sounds more like the problem though. One question though...Don't you know that pumping the gas pedal "thinking" it'll give the engine more gas doesn't do anything at all? I mean come on this is a fuel injected vehicle, not some ancient carburated domestic pos. All your doing is flaping the throttle which does nothing to help cus the IAC valve (if working properly) will be able to supply the engine with enough air and signal the ECU to send proper amount of fuel to start the engine. And the ECU doesn't read the TPS for fuel supply purposes until the engine is fully running. So , pumping that gas pedal is pointless...

sr94 3000gt

thanks. weather has been SHIT lately and i aint had time to really look at anything because i dont have a shop :( but i started the car after rebuilding the solenoid and now the starter just zooms it dont even turn over. i think it was the kits fault though. fucking ebay. im just gonna buy an all new starter. but after i did that it started to rain...just my luck. i really need a shop lol

sr94 3000gt

alrighty guys and gals UPDATE TIME! LOL well i got the new starter and replaced it. turns out the the starter was one of the main causes. now it turns over alot better and sounds alot better! its really trying to fire up now! now for the bad news, it was DUMB of ME on my part for not thinking of this before. the tank is off the car and the pump is sitting in a 1 gallon ice cream bucket....ok, now i remember when i got the car my friend grabbed a random gas can from his aunts shed and a couple of days ago i was thinking that the gas looked kinda DARK. turns out it was 2-cycle mix of gas and oil.....YEAH so thats been going through the car this whole time...but IT DID need those other parts. so i went and got some 93 and switched the gas now it wants to fire up for a split second and dies so apparently fuel TYPE is the issue.

know any way i can clean the fuel system of this AWFUL mistake without replacing anything except maybe the fuel filter? im all for taking the lines and blowin the bad gas out of the fuel rails and lines so if thats all i gotta do so be it. any help will be appriciated! also any tips will help. thanks everyone for being a great help. and when i do find the golden answer to the problem i will be sure to post so others can know!

Check to see that the injectors have pulse. It sounds similar to how my DB1 acted when the injectors were shitting the bed. I would get a hold of another set of stock injectors and see if that doesn't help.

sr94 3000gt

there is no way to clean the ones i have now? if not, would b16 injectors be okay? because that is all i see im junkyards around here and money is tight. but like i said earlier, that 2-cycle mix is still in the fuel lines and stuff because i had my gf prime the pump before starting and i could see the 93 gas in that bucket get darker because the other fuel was feeding back into it. also the plugs had black carbon all over from that mix [but still good i cleaned them off] you think the oil in the gas mix might have clogged the injectors?:shock: