Not Getting Fuel!

mirrorimg

Is this car still not running? Might be time to scrap it and get a new one...

You can have injectors cleaned at a shop. If not, you may need to mail them into a specialty performance shop.

DagoAcura92

I have seen this on my friend's prelude b4. When she would try to "start" the car she would floor it. It sounded like it would start but would not fire up and blow black fuel rich smoke out the tail pipe. Turned out the thing needed a new ignition switch. The switch would not hold power to the ignition, when the switch would return to run position from start. Try putting battery power (ignition harness under dash, white or white/black) to the ignition wires (Ignition harness, both black/yellow and black/white) directly. I could be wrong about ur situation, but thats one less thing eliminated.

sr94 3000gt

Is this car still not running? Might be time to scrap it and get a new one...QUOTE]

LOL yeah seriously. this one guy that claims to be a mechanic [he was drunk when he told me this btw] he said that the reason its ont starting is because i have the pump sitting in a bucket of gas and its not enclosed like a gas tank and that there is no way to build up pressure sitting in the bucket. he said that fuel injection cars run off the pressure the pump builds in the tank. so there is no pressure to help the pump push gas through he said either that or my fpr is bad. if it will ever stop raining over here i bet i can get it to run lol

sr94 3000gt

thanks dago, ill be sure to check that out! can i check the switch with a voltmeter i have one that checks all different kinds of voltage and resistance. ill try the gastank thing first and fill it with new gas and go from there. im getting REALLY close. it wasnt doing this good when i 1st got the car

mirrorimg

I dont know how correct the statement from the "mechanic" is. When I think of it, as gas is drained and used from the tank, it creates suction, not outward pressure. If the pump is healthy, it will do what it is supposed to, push out fuel.

kickinitoldskol

JDM AS F*CK
hey if you ever figure anything out let me know i have a simialer problem just bought a teggy and it ran when i got it i change the suspension and brakes and cv shafts and no it wont start i got no clue i got spark and i took out the injectors and nothing so i took out the rear seat and listened for the fuel pump and i cant hear anything with the key in the on postion so thats were i am at now so let me know if you ever figure anything out

sr94 3000gt

listen for a high pitch whine right when you turn the key to the 1st notch. it may be your pump. AS FOR ME: checked head gasket its fine injectors are fine i blew out old gas from fuel rail and lines and cleaned out tank put pump back in and put tank back on put 5 gallons of 93 grade in tank which should be more than enough gas. bought new fuel filter. turned over and NOTHING AGAIN. im about to take this piece of shit to the shop because im tired of wasting money on this damn thing. that kid REALLY fucked this car up i took the inlet line off the filter after cleaning everything and tuned it over and no gas came out so im RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED! im not dropping the tank on this pile of shit again its too much for me and not having a shop really puts a strain on me pump is new and worked when in the bucket but now its back on and its not pumping gas to the filter? it still turns on i hear it but can somebody please tell me whats going on? i really need help

sr94 3000gt

well i put it in the shop im tired of messing with the POS. ill reply what was wrong with it when they tell me so it will help everyone else. ill know sometime this week tues. or wed.

kfed

Pressure is actually after the pump so it wouldn't matter the pressure in the tank itself. If it did matter then you would have problems starting your car after filling up at the gas station with any car, or you would have to pressurize it before starting. When you are going to start your car, the pump goes on to pressurize the fuel rail before starting, and as a by-product your gas tank gets the vacuum affect. The pressure is due to the pump creating a lower pressure in the tank by sucking the gas and sending it to your fuel rack. Since the gas cap is present, the low pressure in tank cannot be equalized by to atmosphere therefore you get that sucking sound when you open your gas cap.
I think its your distributer because it has 3 important sensors, and the icm. if one sensor goes bad it will give you a wonder of a problem that me seem elsewhere but the distributer.

Prozon

Kris
Damn. If only I caught this thread a little sooner. I despise shops. Mechanics tend to take advantage of the unknowing. :p

Let us know what the news is when you get it back from the shop.
Or PM me directly.

P.S.
If your in Western Washington I'll take that car off your hands for scrap price. I've got a nice big warm shop with another teggy to keep it company. ;)
*Nudge Nudge*