Not Getting Fuel!

sr94 3000gt

Damn. If only I caught this thread a little sooner. I despise shops. Mechanics tend to take advantage of the unknowing. :p
LOL yeah they sure do! but not me i know better i hate shops too its always a last resort for me. they still aint touched the car its still sitting there looking sad im going to call them soon because they are just letting it sit. i live in Georgia, sorry guy lol! and as for kfed, i got a complete dizzy from a junkyard off a b16 and mine is a b18... i didnt think that mattered, or does it? but anyways it looked like it was in great condition

sr94 3000gt

I am very eager to know what the problem is. Other than putting 2 cycle lawnmower gas in your tank.
LOL yeah i didnt do that.... its my friends fault. but thanks everyone and as soon as i know ill let everyone in on the big secret that is the reason im not tuning LOL I WANNA HAVE FUN TOO! ITS NOT FAIR! :shock:

Prozon

Kris
There's still time to diagnose things if they haven't touched it lol.

S0L0Y0

S0L0 Y0
Power???

Your car sound like it had the problem my sister's teggy had, is started like that,did everything you did (except confusing gas),nothing,luckily,a friend of mine checked it,but this teg had the problem that it started when it felt like,he ckecked the car with a voltmeter,VOILA,the car had the problem that the fuel pump main wires were too old,and when they warmed up,they tended to cut out electricity,he then replaced all the wires going from the pump to the fuse box,THAT DID THE TRICK,the car never EVER did the tic again!!!

Now the only problem i'm facing is that the piston rings are gone and a blown head gasket!!!
(might as well buy a new engine and use the old one to rebuild it)!!!
(the old owner had this teg in such of a horrible condition)!!!

Dtackett

ok me and my buddy messed around with it today and we found out that when we had put the main fuel line on the tank we had tightened the bolt down too tight so the holes didnt line up. we dropped the tank, took the new pump out and put it in a bucket of gas and straight wired it to the battery and it squirted gas and so did the old pump when we tested it! but when the old pump was on it, it wasnt getting spark but i didnt know that at the time. long story short it was all hooked back up and turned over and now it putts while turning over it will turn over a second then PUTT a puff of black smoke comes out the tail pipe but thats all it will do and the starter is acting funny like its going out. it will whirr 3-4 times like normal then whirr real slow one time and stop. battery is still fully charged so its not dead. try again and the same thing! then it got to where i could hear the plunger clunk inside the starter and that was all. not even a turn over. then try again and it would turn over again. WHAT THE F*** is WRONG with this CAR!!!!!!! its driving me crazy! any help at ALL please!? ill try a new starter or rebuild the old one and see if that helps. do you think thats the problem?
When I got my da it did the same thing, it had sat for almost a year so I put some fuel in it, fuel system cleaner, and turned the key far enough to where I hear the pump turn on, the- turn off and turn the key back off, I did this about 5 times with only about a second in-between. Took off the air filter to allow max air flow, turned it over started and I drove away. hope this helps.

Prozon

Kris
Be sure to keep us updated. It's killing me not knowing.

sr94 3000gt

well i just heard from the shop and he said he thinks the fuel pump i bought was bad! WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!? that pisses me off! it worked before i put the tank on! but if thats it then no wonder fucking flEa-BAY. oh well. but it will be monday before the part can get here and hopefully thats all it is. its $200 for the diagnosis and labor, $165 for the pump and $50 towing fee to the shop. a total of around $415... i GUESS thats not bad. even though i can do it all over again myself but that tank has 5 gallons of gas in it and ill be DAMNED if i drop the tank again. that was a bitch! ill be back on here monday to tell everyone how it went

Prozon

Kris
That's not too bad. When I had to do my blazer fuel pump, the gas tank had almost 10 gallons in it. The WORST part of it was that the fuel lines did not reach to the ground, so you had to try to attach them with the gas tank half raised. Well I ended up breaking a breather vent, so I had to drop it again, and I forgot to unhook the lines and busted the fitting off my new fuel pump. A hack saw and some rubber fuel line and it's good to go, but it was quite possibly the worst time i've ever had doing work on a car.

More to the subject:
Don't buy engine parts off of ebay.

Hopefully that IS the problem, but after all that is done at least you will have a teg. ;)
Good luck bro.

sr94 3000gt

Well Its Home!

i went to go pick it up tuesday and he said it was ready... i went to start it up and it fired right up then died lol it would not fire up after that. the mechanic said "this is embarrassing" LMAO but he said to leave it with him and he would call me back well friday came and he never did so i called him and it really was done this time he said it didnt have enough gas in it thats why it wouldnt start which hell, it had what i put in it so i guess it didnt. i was so happy i took it to walmart...then it died in the parking lot i said "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?" turns out the alternator is bad i looked at it and it even looked like shit lol but its just one thing at a time i guess. it took me and my gf an hour to get it home and it was just normally a 15min drive... she would charge it with my s10 and i would run like a bat out of hell til it died then repeat lol but i guess God just dont want me to get this car running good right now or something because i get it fixed and now something else is bad. but its ok. hell, its running now! so i get to do everyting else to it now to get it running the way i want. and to be such a little car with just 4 cylinders its pretty quick! this car is going to be fun im so excited! something to keep me occupied til my baby gets fixed... i miss my 3000GT :cry: even though shes heavy as hell....

so, to make a long story short... car is home: car runs: stephen is:lol: and alternator is bad

sr94 3000gt

That's not too bad. When I had to do my blazer fuel pump, the gas tank had almost 10 gallons in it. The WORST part of it was that the fuel lines did not reach to the ground, so you had to try to attach them with the gas tank half raised. Well I ended up breaking a breather vent, so I had to drop it again, and I forgot to unhook the lines and busted the fitting off my new fuel pump. A hack saw and some rubber fuel line and it's good to go, but it was quite possibly the worst time i've ever had doing work on a car.

More to the subject:
Don't buy engine parts off of ebay.

Hopefully that IS the problem, but after all that is done at least you will have a teg. ;)
Good luck bro.
yeah thats even sounds frustrating! im real picky about what i buy i know when its a scam but once every blue moon they get me LOL

Prozon

Kris
I love buying cheap crap off of eBay though. Sometimes too much... LOL.

Glad to hear it's home.. did he actually tell you what was wrong with it? ...Or did you just not have enough gas in it? Oh and changing that alternator SUCKS. :p

sr94 3000gt

yeah it was the fuel pump. it was working when i put it in but i guess it fried and i needed a new one but i guess i didnt have enough gas either so he had to put some in it. yeah i figured the alt. sucked ass to put in just by looking at it im going to buy one today:shock:

Prozon

Kris
Speaking of fuel pump, can't you take the back seat out and pull it out from there? I think that's what my manual says. Sounds a lot easier than dropping the tank lol.

ACURANSXT00

Speaking of fuel pump, can't you take the back seat out and pull it out from there? I think that's what my manual says. Sounds a lot easier than dropping the tank lol.
Nope, that's only for the fuel gauge to tell you how much gas your tank has. I wish it were that easy!