s2000 cluster project

orthello

The Dutch Guy
Thanks for the reply. Sorry about the girl situation. That sucks.
Shit happens. Thank god it isn't an 'all the way' cheat. But enough to have a serious discussion.
I gave her a second and final chance. But with strict rules until the end of this year.

But... enough about this.

Back to conversion stuff.

When I find some time this (or more likely next) week I'll be doing a first installation in my EE8.
If it works all well I can finaly start with retro fitting the cluster in the EE8 dashboard.

defensio

the most easy install for a 9091 civic/crx (i have a 90 crx) its cut a old cluster(like a no rpm cluster)

i cant wait to install the cluster! but my turbo setup take all my time,

i run 2500km with my crx this week end =P with the new turbo setup! im very happy. with out any problem :twisted:

orthello

The Dutch Guy
Does the 'dome' fit over the cluster assemblythis way?
I'm in the impression that this combo is to high. But I can be wrong.

konerri

you might have to move the cluster down a little bit. i guest i will get back into this also. got ordered a newer cheaper processor. Hopefully, i get some thing working soon.

Keep up the good work you guys.

b20cali

well, i kinda got lost.. my s2000 cluster in my gsr is not reading speedo and ect..?? i guess its nothing new. but, DAMN! too expensive for those converters and they dont seem to be LEGIT! you guys think you can help me out.. can i get EXACTLY a list of this product stuff that i need to be able to make my "CONVERTER"... im a beginner for all these electronic stuff... can i get a list of what to buy, and maybe where at...??? PLEASE HELP!!!

orthello

The Dutch Guy
well, i kinda got lost.. my s2000 cluster in my gsr is not reading speedo and ect..?? i guess its nothing new. but, DAMN! too expensive for those converters and they dont seem to be LEGIT! you guys think you can help me out.. can i get EXACTLY a list of this product stuff that i need to be able to make my "CONVERTER"... im a beginner for all these electronic stuff... can i get a list of what to buy, and maybe where at...??? PLEASE HELP!!!
In this thread you can find everything you need.
From schematics to software that is needed to be put in the microcontroler.

If you're a beginner.... it'll get really intimidating!
The converter involves a microcontroler, so you need programming skills wrt embedded software and you need a programming device to put the firmware in the controler.

Still working on the paper.
Finaly got everything in my car!

outside (sorry for the blurry pic. long shutter without stand still doesn't work)

inside

S2000 cockpit

Cockpit in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m5Kpz5ARnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1ORGRn_8U

b20cali

ok, dang.. i guess im gona really have to purchase one that is already been built. you guys selling one?? or know any body in particular that actually has one ready to be shipped that is at a decent price range?? website??

THATS A CLEAN CRX !! KEEP IT UP!!!

plummo_vtec

The trouble with mark lamond is that he just does not reply to any emails any enquiries apparently he is too busy i have been trying to contact him for nearly two years now and no joy, also

plummo_vtec

Did some more stripping of the car. Then got tired and thought about the cluster adapter. Did some coding and rough schematic designs

circuit design

it's pretty simple. Only six wires total

i would post up some code...but most of you wouldn't understand it.

could this be explained a little furthur ie which resistors and capacitors and things