SimpleLS' '95 DB7

simplels

XjoEnX, i have tested the front type r caliper and ebc usr rotors with the hawk ceramic pads..
all i can say is wow.. i can really feel a major improvements in braking..
although i have been taking it easy, you're supposed to for the first 500 miles..
and the rotors/pads are very quiet no squeeking or anything..
the only thing i'm not liking too much are that some rust is forming in the slots..
i really thought the ebc usr rotors had black in the slots, but i found out that that kind is called "ebc usr black dash"..

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Proper pad bedding is done in the first 15 stops. If you want to dd pads, then easy braking for the first few months will work, but you can't really heat the pads in that period or you're gonna have a bad time. Hps should be a great daily pad. I've been running project mu for a while and they are way too loud after I brake too much on the freeway. Thadya's carbotech are even worse. Is sounds like pushing metal together and is not very pleasant. I have the yellows in the rear, but I think I'll switch to hp+ the next event.
Rust happens; I didn't drive my car for a week and when I picked it up at my boss' wife's house, my slotted rotors had rust coloration a bit. A handful of stops and it was gone tho

simplels

i actually have the hawk ceramic pads not the HP+.. i just wanted better pads with less dust..

i did go out and do the bedding in.. did 3 20mph to 5mph.. then 3 30mph to 5mph.. then 3 40mph to 5mph.. then 3 50mph to 5mph.. then 3 60mph to 5mph..

the brakes were so hot and it was raining.. so i could hear the water just steam off..

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn
What are your wheels? They looked sick at the meet and I liked the cf center caps.

simplels

What are your wheels? They looked sick at the meet and I liked the cf center caps.
thanks!, i was the first to get a set of these wheels in this color through a special vendor..
they're konig flat outs in a special custom color.. basically volk LE28N replicas..
volk doesn't make LE28N in or 16x8 or 16x9, which would be the perfect size i was looking for..
so i picked these up and they're 15x8 with +25 offset and put volk center cap stickers in them LOL!

they're a good quality wheel for a replica though.. made by konig..

if you look close they say.. "RAVS ENG" not "RAYS ENG".. but who cares.. they dope..

my next set of wheels hopefully are going to be SSR Professor SP3r's in 16x9 +13 offset..

XjoEnX

XjoEnX, i have tested the front type r caliper and ebc usr rotors with the hawk ceramic pads..
all i can say is wow.. i can really feel a major improvements in braking..
although i have been taking it easy, you're supposed to for the first 500 miles..
and the rotors/pads are very quiet no squeeking or anything..
the only thing i'm not liking too much are that some rust is forming in the slots..
i really thought the ebc usr rotors had black in the slots, but i found out that that kind is called "ebc usr black dash"..
Thanks for the review!

simplels

i dont mind them being replica's because i cant afford the real ones yet either.. and the real ones don't come in the offset or size i would want..

they're good enough for now.. it's just funny that i can fool people into thinking they're real due to the center caps stickers lol :D