Spitfire8o5's TimeAttack DC #117 Build

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Woo, so the last track day was one to remember lol

Got everything all locked and loaded in my little truck and trailer

Got to the track nice and early, checked all the fluids, tire pressures, checked lug nuts and got the lap timer and gopro ready, and off I was into the first session!!

Shot by RyanFellure

Session was okay but was having issues with ether red lining 2nd or bogging down in 3rd for a few turns. Not only that but the car has never seen a fresh set of tires and for whatever reason the car was plowing with understeer pretty bad too #fml

Somehow ran a 1:27 that's a PB for me which is decent but really wanted to match my CW time of a 26 or faster.

VIDEO LINK
http://youtu.be/xeglw5KpMlA

Went back out after adjusting tire pressures a tad but car wasn't as loose as I needed it so headed back in for some adjustments.

Skipped the 3rd session for some much needed food/drank

Came back out to the 4th session after further messing with tire pressure and the car felt better but as soon as I was getting into the swing of thing BAM!! Had some sort of trans malfunction that I still haven't looked into it because I'm broke and will go into depression so that was that. I was done for the day.

Photos by UriasBro

Next up, M3 build lol

My sponsor thought it'd be good to ditch the dual piping setup w/ heavy muffler and what not with a much lighter fill race unit lol

Sucks to daily buy pretty cool on track

Buddy of mine and teammate Michael was going to race Friday for $100 w/ Jose from the dirty south. So I got really jealous and figured I can just get some tires and race! No shop in town had any performance tires on stock and it was already Wednesday so I only had Thursday to prep so I went with the BFG Gforce Sport tire. It's a 340 tread wear all season performance tire that was only $390 for all 4 installed lol WOO!

Not sure if I had mentioned but my cousin decided to pull the trigger and sponsor me! He owns a smog shop called "the smog shop" in town (Santa Maria, Ca) and he was able to get some stop tech street pads for me! Ended up doing the brake fluid too while I was there so that all fluids would be fresh for its first beating!

With the help of Michael, we were able to knock out all the prep in one day FTMFW!
Oil Change (Rotela t6, WIX filter)
Sparkers (OEM NGK)
Front Brakes (StopTech Street)
Brake Sauce Flush (Orilleys DOT4)
Custom Fixed Position Seat Brackets
(Base and Side Brackets by Planted Engineering)
Corbeau FiA Spec Bucket Seat
Secure Battery
Ziptie Loose wiring/sensors etc.

235/45 Squared Swagger

Side Brackets & Baseplate

Doing the Sparkers

Got it all done early enough to relax a bit and charge the goods for another day at the track!! (GoPro, Camera, Lap Timer)

We only did a half day (later in the day 12-5 but we got 4 full sessions in that adds up to a full track day with anyone else! So it was a lot of seat time and wow was it all worth it at the end!

Met up with the gang for a relaxing breakfast before the carnage began!

And parked hard in the pits lol

1st session was violent because I found out how lame the ABS unit is, it kicks in too early and in my car it would lock up the driver rear tire making the car really really scary to drive. And due to traffic only ran a 2:14 the car was also plowing really bad

2nd session I went back out and was easier on the brakes and I had adjusted the rear tires way up to help rotate better but traffic didn't let me get better than a 2:12

3rd Session I aired up the rear further and got used to things a little better getting me down to a 2:09 with a lot of room for improvement.

Got to thinking and looked into disabling the ABS and sure enough, two relays later. ABS no longer was effective! Aired up the back even more. And the front a tad. And took a passenger

4th session, fell in love with the cars brakes.. Got way more comfortable driving. Passed the world. Got too pumped up. Started driving and BAM! I was going in to drift and coolant exploded out of my engine bay. Got pulled in

Radiator inlet cracked off but I was luckily able to flush out broken plastic in the system and placed the clamp closer to the rad. Was able to drive home!

VIDEO OF THE M3 FUN
http://youtu.be/JZmXQgEMSqc

Can't wait to replace all the plastic units in the cooling system and give another shot. But I have a racecar to build

That's all for now folks! Thank you guys for taking the time to read up on my thread and feel free to ask any questions you make have or anything.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
My 325is abs was the same way. The e30s never kicked in like that, I don't know why they did that with the e36. Upgrading that composite water pump and radiator is a good idea too.

That M3 should be running circles around the Integra once you get it setup.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The MS3 will lock up for a good sec or two before it kicks in; it's like "oh so you weren't just hooning around, all right I'll help." :lol:

Nick_C78

Roger is the prime example of why I can't own a RWD this point in time. I would be doing the same exact shit and drifting around corners for fun. lol That being said it makes me want to pick up one....

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Dude I'm going back to school again just so I can buy another E30 M3. It just kills me that I'll have to spend 5 times more than I did the first time.

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
My 325is abs was the same way. The e30s never kicked in like that, I don't know why they did that with the e36. Upgrading that composite water pump and radiator is a good idea too.

That M3 should be running circles around the Integra once you get it setup.
Yea, car will get a new radiator and metal coolant replacement parts next time I go out. No ABS is the best ABS
the NC miata's abs kicks in super quick as well
this wasn't just too early but it threw you around when you least expect it lol wasn't predictable enough to even plan for it
The MS3 will lock up for a good sec or two before it kicks in; it's like "oh so you weren't just hooning around, all right I'll help." :lol:
Ha man. Mine was like "DIE" lol
Roger is the prime example of why I can't own a RWD this point in time. I would be doing the same exact s*** and drifting around corners for fun. lol That being said it makes me want to pick up one....
You should buy one man, so much fun. DOO ETTT
Dude I'm going back to school again just so I can buy another E30 M3. It just kills me that I'll have to spend 5 times more than I did the first time.
Hands down one of the coolest cars ever made. Ever. Forever lol

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
So u got a new daily lol sold my tow truck since I only used it once a month and my dad has two that he has no problem with me using! WOO! Still get to have a truck bed to take things around, good on gas and what not. But damn she's ugly

91 Mazda b2200 5sp

Anywho, took the race car over to the mad scientist's shop to look into wtf happened in the last event, and BAM!!??!! Turns out, the axle made itself 2pc

So I popped out the other side along with the half shaft and popped the broken bit out

Glad that was an easy fix, but sure enough my ball joint and one of the wheel bearings wasn't 100% so finally used these things and got a new wheel bearing installed

When it was all apart, and yes. Took out headlights and bumper support lol #thuglife

Installed

Also took out the dust shields while I was there, I just find them really annoying lol, so today the game plan is to set ride height, alignment and valve lash. Motor is a little noisier than I remember. So going to make sure that's all to spec and running cherries.

All signed up for the HFF Challenge this sat and looking to put in work for the hood!

Cheers

Spitfire8o5

Track Junkie
Sorry I haven't updated this thread. Some of you have ready seen what ended up happening at the HFF track day

Let's pick up where we left off tho, when I got home after working on the car. I had bought some white vinyl to block off the headlights and bumper lights. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my like and it came out like shit lol

And on the way to the track thinking I was going to fly because it looks like a spaceship now :nervy:

After I unloaded, put on wing, checked juices, torqued wheels and setup camera/lap timer and was ready to rock

Went out for the first session but only got 2 laps and in heavy traffic. But still did a 1:44 passing 3 cars and a 1:40 passing another 2! And as soon as I thought I had an open lap. An s2000 broke down and there was oil all over the place and they pulled us all in to get the guy and clean up. So the session was over.

Second session I was able to get out in the pole position! (First guy to get on track, it's a big advantage because no one is in front of you) so I'm cruising on to the track. When all of a sudden the motor shuts off completely. So I pulled off. Went to start it again and it sounded really really bad like a valve dropped or rod said goodbye but there are no holes anywhere and it didn't make a mess. I don't get how a stock long block took a shit at 4000 rpm w/ only 50% throttle diving into the track. If it would have blown up full throttle at 8000 I would understand but that wasn't the case. There wasn't a single hiccup or detonation or anything. Drove super smooth and just shut off.

Too depressed and broke to take it apart but I'll get around to it soon. Regardless. My cousin/sponsor "the smog shop" will be building me a nice b20v to finally have some decent power to keep up with the K's of all goes well. So I'll post that up when the time comes around. No idea when it will be. Maybe sept. What I can say is that spark plugs 1-3 came out with oil and shaving on the tips. And #4 is stuck in there and won't come out. Yay

Last shot of the day

And just want to thank everyone who was there and helped push the car and bought me beers lol :alkie:

Onto the other buckets, sold the little truck I was driving around and bought me a nice daily that I love driving around!

97 Civic EX coupe
Automatic, Clean Title
Working AC, Cruise and All
Guy even took it to smog for me where it passed in flying colors!

Washed it twice, then waxed the car twice also in hopes of getting some color out of the destroyed single stage paint with decent results but still not where I want it. My brother in law hooked me up with his old shocks w/ cut springs lol and I had the slip streams that the racecar sat on and made it happen!

Actually like these wheels lol gay

Went to look over the juices when I seen that the coolant was not only empty but there was a lot of nasty in the reservoir! WTF

Front brakes were new but looks like they didn't cut the rotors because it shaked pretty bad. Got me some dope ass duralast golds and got the rotors cut. When I went to do them. Checked for wheel bearing, ball joint or tie rod play and sure enough. Inner tie rod was destroyed! So gots me a premium replacement too #vatozoneFTW. for the coolant. I flushed it out with water twice. Then in the 3rd flush I used the coolant flush cleaning bottle thing with distiller water and ran that for 3 days. And that made an amazing difference. Coolant system looks good now. Auto trans was nice and easy to do. Magnet wasn't too too bad of junk. Went to do engine oil after the engine flush and saw that they used a Mercedes drain plug (same thread pitch but bolt is a lot longer for Hondas with damaged threads) so I want to get a good one someday. After all that. Got it aligned where everything checked out good.

Here were all the goods.

Car was driving/feeling and looking good!

Some of you know that I'm a sucker for eBay mugen rep lips lol got me some overnight swagger from Taiwan in record time! Came in next day!

Also got me one of them Walmart specials! $117 for this dope stereo with Bluetooth, iPod, USB, AUX, And Siri friendly! Oem one had seen better days or I woulda kept it

Then the car had a nasty rattle at idle and turns out resonator was shot. So yea. Full race lol jk still has the cat and stock muffler. Still nice and quiet

Then it was time to clean up the bay because that shit was all kinds of nasty, used degreaser, scrub brush and local car wash pressure washer.

And the end result of the progress. A perfect daily. Looks good in my opinion and whole thing is still under $2000!