Tc

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
tC is on a Camry chassis with the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder.

Early GT-S' actually performs pretty well

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
tC is on a Camry chassis with the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder.

Early 7th gen Celica GT-S' actually perform pretty well. They are just a little hard to mod past basic bolt-ons. Cams are a PITA and boost is too because of the returnless fuel system and the way they control it with the fuel pump

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The first ones ('02) were still running 0-60 in 6.5 or so. Not bad by any definition. Faster than a GSR and about neck and neck with a stock GST, ITR or RSX-S. They got slower after the 02 or 03 model. The ECU tuning and rev limit changed slightly or something like that. They slipped to the low 7's or something like that

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The first ones ('02) were still running 0-60 in 6.5 or so. Not bad by any definition. Faster than a GSR and about neck and neck with a stock GST, ITR or RSX-S. They got slower after the 02 or 03 model. The ECU tuning and rev limit changed slightly or something like that. They slipped to the low 7's or something like that
I have a friend who has an 03 GT-S. Says his redline is 7800 or something like that. I forgot.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah. They were all the same redline. The fuel cut was changed though which hurt it bad. The first ones didn't cut until like 8300 which allowed it to never fall out of the fatter VVTL-i cam. The later ones cut earlier making it fall off of power between shifts

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Yeah. They were all the same redline. The fuel cut was changed though which hurt it bad. The first ones didn't cut until like 8300 which allowed it to never fall out of the fatter VVTL-i cam. The later ones cut earlier making it fall off of power between shifts
Yeah, I remember him telling me his fuel cut was at 8300.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
It's funny how most of the drivers I see with tCs think they're the shit and rev on me. I saw a modified on the freeway last night and his exhaust piping looked like it was gonna scrape the ground. I don't understand why Toyota bends their ehausts toward the ground like that.
Had a bitch in one last night behind me and my girl in her RSX all over my ass and driving like a dumbass. Sorry but tCs are slow as shit. Or at least the tCs around me are because I've beaten my buddy's tC with TRD exhaust and intake when I didn't have my exhaust, only intake. Plus they're 3 gear sucks.

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
Speaking from someone who owns a 2007 tC...

I'm ready to get something NICE. (a 4 door luxury car)

Vanessa

is here for decoration.
Yup. tC drivers are cocky as fuck.
I'm cocky :) jk

I'm really tired of driving a cheap ass 16 year old girl's car. I'm ready for luxury damnit!! I kick myself every day for not buying that black 2005 IS300.