URGENT: What did I get myself into?

94RS

No fucks given.
You want a helpful tip? Part out the car to regain some of your money, start fresh with one that hasn't been beat to shit.

/thread

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Tip: worry about maintenance first. Tuneup, timing belt, water pump, etc.

R13

The other asshole
I have to agree with 94rs on this one, I'd be scared to throw a dime at that thing in fear of it going up in flames.

However if you are dead set on fixing it we will do our best to help. :thumbs up

zack11122

First you need timing belt covers. I have some for sale.. next. Trace down all of his extra wires. And come back with what you find and what they go to.

Nick_C78

Basic tune up first. Spark plugs, plug wires, dizzy cap and rotor, fuel filter and get that intake from your buddy. Next set the timing properly since I am sure previous guy didn't(a compression test wouldn't hurt). After that fix and leaks it has. After that do the 100k mile maintenance aka timing belt, water pump, tensioner, valve lash. While doing.the timing belt get the covers for it. That's what I always do when I get a used car, unless there's a bigger issue that needs attention first.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Hmmm. Looks like your in deep shit.

That ricer is probably so happy he got rid of it.

Anyways.

Buy a new used engine IMO. It's probably beat to shit.

keepthecrown

Actually the engine was rebuilt and runs smoothly but there is a misfire because it needs a tune up

Last edited: