Where is your front license plate?

Swerve

Shawn
The cops around here dont bother with that stuff too much. Folsom tho they're dicks. Dont get pulled over in Folsom. And I think Ohio plates look way cooler than Cali plates, good location too :)

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
i drove 6 yrs w/o a front plate, but lately ive been hassled about it and that leads to my tint haha
i wanted to keep it off but bc gf drives the car too i put it on my car for her

Teggy64

Got vtec?
used to sit in my winshield, now it's somewhere in the back cause it was ratteling. I've been pulled over twice for it; just told the cops the nuts rusted off and i ran over it making it hard to reattach.

XjoEnX

I took mine off and put it in the trunk for now until I can find a proper way to install it.

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
No front plates in Alberta, FTW.

Relocated front plates look ridiculous 99% of the time, especially if you have gone through so much thought and work to relocate your plate, that you forgot to shave your OEM mounting brackets or holes.

There is nothing I hate more, than seeing a nice clean car with the plate zip tied to the corner of the bumper, while they've got gaping holes and faded paint around the middle of the bumper where the plate should be.

This annoys me even at work, where I work as a detailer. We get a car in from auction or trade in that is from out of province, where they require front plates, and I'm left to remove the bracket or holder. Usually, the bumper around it is all stone chipped and beat up, or the plate bracket has rubbed against the bumper and scratched it, or there's just big ugly holes. Majority of the time, I have to leave the holder or bracket on the vehicle. Dead giveaway to customers that this vehicle is from somewhere else.

Since we do not require front plates in Alberta, when I do the body and paint work on my Teg, I'm going to shave the bolt holes and mounts on my bumper. My car is originally from Ontario where they have front plates, and you can see how the bumper is mint where the plate used to be, but the bumper is all road rashed and beat up everywhere else.

Front plates are stupid. They ruin the look of the vehicle, costs the gov't twice as much money to stamp 2 plates and "everybody" takes them off or alters them in some way.

When I lived in Ontario I got one ticket for no front plate on my RX7 and another one for having the front plate in the bottom corner of my windshield in my Celica.

To the OP with the red DC, I hope you did not ruin that nice, mint bumper cover to drill holes to mount your plate out of place. 3M body trim double sided tape may have been a good application.

Last edited: