yet again another integra. her name is constantine>:)

whitedc4

1400 for the paint 120 to fill all the holes and shave the moldings. i did some prep work myself but not much.

JGvtec

Car looks really clean Rachel! Nice job, are you going to be going any lower with the suspension?

whitedc4

yeah i don't have very much lower i can go though without making the back lower than the front even more i'm going to lower the front the last half inch it has left to go and then lower the back a teeeeny bit more and call it good.

whitedc4

polished the oem front strut tower bar.
took me nearly two hours to finish but i didn't have anything to do today...

what i used
i suggest using a more gritty sand paper but this was all i had in my closet at the moment.
1000 grit and 2000 grit sand paper
a small amount of water for wet sanding
micrfiber applicator pad for applying polish
polish
and microfiber rag for removing polish after applicated.

how it started out. pictures were taken with cell phone so there is no way you can tell how badly corroded with rust, grease and dirt this thing really is.

all i had in my closet was 1000 grit and 2000 grit sand paper i advise if you do this to start with 400 and work your way up unless you don't have the rust and junk like i did.

this is after going over a couple times with 1000 grit

ths is after going over the whole strut bar with 1000 grit wet and dry

this is after going over the strut bar with 2000 wet and dry grit sand paper

after the first application of polish which i didn''t have my buffer in the house so in stead of going and getting it out of my car i used an applicator microfiber pad and my hands to do all the work

and this is after 3 coats of polish

the final coating

was it worth it?? probably not but it does look a lot better.

ryanDC

i have now been inspired to polish my meshies, just got back from the store with sandpaper lol

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
self-owned!?
lol seriously though I wish I had time to even drive my teg right now.
consider yourselves lucky!

whitedc4

Annnnnnnnnnnd over your head. :lol:
lol tell me! i don't get it

i have now been inspired to polish my meshies, just got back from the store with sandpaper lol
beware of long boring moments of hopelessness that you will never finish. you have been warned haha.

self-owned!?
lol seriously though I wish I had time to even drive my teg right now.
consider yourselves lucky!
i don't understand my self ownage lol i don't get it

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
bar looks nice, you should get some Acetone take off any residue, and clear coat it so that shine can last

whitedc4

yeah, i am tempted just to sell it though and buy something that has been painted and won't need to be uber shiny. plus i still have blacked out my bay like i wanted so it's still red. a;dlfja;;alsdkfjasdf i hate that part.