IntegraGuy Has a New Whip!! 2004 Acura TSX

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Haven't posted an update in quite some time. Got some pics in the snow from IL. I just ordered an Ingalls Engine Torque Damper - with my car having 150K on it i wanted something to stiffen up the mounts and i couldnt find inserts for the existing mounts so thats what i got - should be here in the next couple days ill post pics - but for now some winter madness..

R13

The other asshole
Haha

I've been contemplating one of those for the teg for so long, How does it feel compared to without it?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Haha

I've been contemplating one of those for the teg for so long, How does it feel compared to without it?

It really feels like a different car to be honest - I have adjusted mine to where it is in the middle as far as stiffness (it comes on soft setting) and the car doesn't feel any faster - but u can just feel the car is more "solid". The shifts are better and u can tell the motor isn't rocking as bad. There is noticeable vibration at idle though but one u drive it's not present.

For a teggy why don't u get the inserts?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

R13

The other asshole
Vibration, Trying to make my car as pleasant as possible to ride in, I'm thinking about the damper though because my car (Being a short geared geezer) if for whatever reason you let off the gas in 1st, 2nd or 3rd it kicks really hard and it's hell on engine mounts, The obvious solution is to stop engine braking in those gears :mrgreen: lol but sometimes it happens when people stomp brakes etc, My foot tends to make it to the brake pedal before the clutch is all the way in on occasion.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Have you noticed the car dives less under hard braking?

Not really - if it has it hasn't been much.

It does help that I have a gps tracking device that monitors Eveything in my car currently so I can't drive aggressive - long story short I got a ticket a while back and in order to keep my rates low my insurance agency has this thing that I put into the obd2 port for 4 months and if I behave I get to keep the lower rates :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Vibration, Trying to make my car as pleasant as possible to ride in, I'm thinking about the damper though because my car (Being a short geared geezer) if for whatever reason you let off the gas in 1st, 2nd or 3rd it kicks really hard and it's hell on engine mounts, The obvious solution is to stop engine braking in those gears :mrgreen: lol but sometimes it happens when people stomp brakes etc, My foot tends to make it to the brake pedal before the clutch is all the way in on occasion.

Well I have the inserts in my teggy - and the damper has much less vibration than the inserts - the only time u know it is there is at idle

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
lol, That's sketchy.

It's like the progressive snap shot thing - it's not bad really since is winter and I have no reason to drive fast

On a side note I did do some drifting in the car and it doesn't pick up traction control or e braking hehe lol

Sent from my iPhone 4S