my 1999 Ls

99TegLs

well.. things are going steady. Looking at applications for the SCCA so I can do some track time next year. But all of the applications and race dates are from this past year. guess I'll wait til spring

TheCrimsonStar

well.. things are going steady. Looking at applications for the SCCA so I can do some track time next year. But all of the applications and race dates are from this past year. guess I'll wait til spring
I did one of their autox events earlier this year. Lots of fun!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

99TegLs

Bad news... Found out that my "perfectly" machined block was done terribly and the #3 cylinder is getting 84psi... I stopped driving it for now and am fighting with the shop.

99TegLs

This was after they had to change out the block for bad machining on the one I had in my car previously....
I just want my money back and a used block and I'll bring it somewhere else to get machined.

99TegLs

Good news. After arguing for 2 hours, the machine shop agreed to give me my money back and an extra 250 to find another block, for a total of 855 dollars or close to that. Good news is I found a full b20b for 450 bucks on craigslist. Bad news is I have to drive my civic for now.

99TegLs

I would say yes, trustworth, but definately not quality. They screwed up 2 blocks?!? how do you do that... simple decking, honing, and micropolishing....

99TegLs

got a stock b20b block, guess I'll get started on cleaning it up. I dont want to pay for it to get soaked.

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
WOW just read thru the whole thread! Sorry to hear about your dad hope your doing well! Kinda bummed your gonna sell the Teggy after all that work and money spent. I live in Springfield and I have a 93 Civic that I autocross with CART Connecticut autocross and rally team they run in Hartford, Thompson speedway Mohican sun and a few other spots also. I have a few friends in Enfield and Ellington. I also have a 96 Integra I am building. check out my build thread. Hope we can meet up some time in the spring.

99TegLs

Time to update i guess. I decided to just run the b20b I picked up. I sold the other engine. The block for 140 and the head for 550. and the cams for 200. Got new main bearings, got the crank micropolished and I did a hone by myself. Also had the pleasure of picking up a legit gReddy header, (polished) a set of billeted rear lca's (polished) and a set of ITR black recaro's with red stitching. I'll try to pop some pics up soon