Rebuilding my Type R

CKnight90

Ha. Yeah. I just didn't get the right info. Or understand it. I'm learning here. Maybe slower then some of you have. Slowly but surely! Thx for noticing though ;)

Anyways...

I got a text from the Orginal owner. He says only things changed on the b18c5 were the B18c pistons, ARP Rod bolts, & ARP main studs. Nothing on the crank was removed or the main bearings. He used ACL main STD. He said he was going to go with the race series but decided its too loose. Going to performance shop tomorrow to verify. :)

Nick_C78

Arp main studs require align hone...if he didn't you are luckly nothing got messed up. Same with the rod bolts...might be sometHing you don't want to risk twice

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Arp main studs require align hone...if he didn't you are luckly nothing got messed up. Same with the rod bolts...might be sometHing you don't want to risk twice
they dont need a line hone.

Nick_C78

they dont need a line hone.
Hiiiiighly recommended that you get one of you install ARP main studs. Just like honing a block using a torque plate is a good idea when using head studs.

Higher torque distorts the block more. Also you are torquing two different metals which have different compressive strengths.

Last edited:

CKnight90

haha. Sorry. I meant Head studs. I was very sleepy writing my last post. Just fyi :)

On that note. Now I know that if i ever do main arp studs to line hone :) THX! :D