Started my black and tan interior today.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

Those were my old door panels. They are filled with Recaro fabric its their 'jersey' material not sure what seat its from.

DB7ish

^ Looks good man. I was looking for black door inserts for Integras, but all I could find were blue or red ones.

DB7ish

True, but I really don't want to crappy job with cutting and glueing and have it come out all wrinkly, so I think for now I'm just going to paint it. Later on I'll probably cut some inserts though, and make a custom boot to match too.

DB7ish

Shift bezel painted. Looks pretty good in person. I think semigloss was a perfect choice. BWR (Blackworks) weighted shift knob in. Lighter color and smaller than I would have liked, but shifts feel real good.

Took this off today for paint.

Killed a whole can on these. I know I oversprayed, but with the material and type of paint it doesn't show. Looks better now that its drier.

Also found this wonderful surprise today. Discovered why my rear speakers don't work. Apparently, when the previous owner dented the roof, he also broke the back window (which he later replaced with one out of a '94-'97 so I don't have the antenna connection on the window). Well, the rear speakers are trashed theres a few screws I think I might have to drilled out. And incase you can't see it, yes those are massive holes near the center of the speakers.

94RS

No fucks given.
True, but I really don't want to crappy job with cutting and glueing and have it come out all wrinkly, so I think for now I'm just going to paint it. Later on I'll probably cut some inserts though, and make a custom boot to match too.
Contact DCA Garage, they can make you a set of inserts and a boot to match.

DB7ish

Weight reduction Stage 0.05. lol. I put the light back in without the cover, that way I can drive around and paint it and let it dry for a day or two.

DB7ish

Put in my front speaker covers today. Not gonna lie, the painted stuff is coming out a lot better than faded black OEM stuff. I might get crazy and say fuh it and start spraying stuff. I'm really liking the semigloss black, finished result is real nice. I'll try to paint my door inserts this weekend if I get a chance.

I had to put in my tan airbag in, because the '94-'97s seem to have a different plug and I don't feel like replacing the airbag clock spring since I intend to find a black '98+ airbag soon any ways. Unfortunately, I was forced to drive with the black airbag in and unplugged so I set off my SRS light. Going to try to reset it today. Well, I'll take some pics later of how everything is coming out.

Ordered an airbag off ebay. Coming from Orlando, so should be here early next week. Going to also try to get my pillar trim panels off this weekend and paint them. Just have to figure out how to remove the seat belt for the b-pillar panels.

Last edited:

DB7ish

^ Right. I wouldn't paint anything that gets touched a lot (interior door handles, steering wheel, shift knob).

DB7ish

Lunch break today I installed my rear deck speaker covers and removed all my door sills. I also sanded down my 3rd brake light cover. I should get out of work early today, so I'll sand the door sills and paint them along with my 3rd brake light cover today. The rear deck speakers look great in black. I like how everything is turning out so far. I'll post more pics of my progress this weekend.