The 400 Club

whitedc4

gotcha lol i understand now. but all i do is change my oil every 5k. it seems like every 3k makes me get worse gas mileage. and i usually have new tires once they wear down i sell my tires and buy new ones. my motor was rebuilt at 89k miles and since then it hasn't been touched meaning even my timing belt hasn't been changed in a good 160k miles.... woops.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Lol hes kind of callin you a hacker haha. Idk why though lol.

Yeah ive gotten 40.3 to a tank, but only once haha. i Hit 409 miles and put in just over 10 galloons. Its funny how everyone is afraid of draining their tanks till E. Haha thats all I do! I mean yeah I kind of freak out when it starts to tilt below the red line but I just go about 10 miles below that red line. Never ran out of gas.

But the only way I got that 40mpg is by driving REALLY slow when accelerating and coasting a lot! Ha I normally get 31 mpg otherwise.

Roxy`

Right now I'm at a little less than half a tank and have done 220 miles. I'm going to try and get it to 400 but I doubt it.

Rich-PMS

I guess living in NJ really affects my milage. Doing 70 on a highway will get you run off the road! Typical flow of traffic moves at around 80-85.

I never really fill my tank, I just throw 15$ in every couple days

On a road trip I pulled 340 with just under 1/4 when I got home.

gs300cky

i just checked today and i got 26mpg with a lil less then 1/4 tank left... this next tank im only maxing at 65mph and shifting at 2500rpms or 3k TOPS!!!! we will see what happens...

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
you shouldnt run your tank under a quarter tank. fuel pump uses gas to cool it. below a quarter tank and the pump runs alot hotter causing extra stress on it thus shortening its life.

00DC2TW

I get around 330 Miles per tank in my 2000 GSR... Drive like a grandma though, and car only has 98,000 miles

KeiferAtwood

Does anyone know how much gas you save when you have no A/C installed on your car? I get roughly 36 mpg and i drive like a jackass hitting 4-5k rpm every stop. Kinda weird.

ben h

Banned
max iv gotten is 300 with all highway doing like 70-85 mph
and i usualy run like 200-250 a tank i also run 89oct tho and i have a heavy foot

Does anyone know how much gas you save when you have no A/C installed on your car? I get roughly 36 mpg and i drive like a jackass hitting 4-5k rpm every stop. Kinda weird.
isnt 4-5k normal shifting??????????
buahahaha

Kiakid

Idk what to put here...
last time i checked i was getting about 25mpg...but thats been awhile, and it's also been like 6 months since my tank has seen above half tank...i might have to fill it up just to do it now...and as far as the gas light is concerned ive seen it once, like 3 months after i bought it and havent seen it since, ive run out of gas forgetting i dont ever see the gas light..

squarehead

Old guy
you shouldnt run your tank under a quarter tank. fuel pump uses gas to cool it. below a quarter tank and the pump runs alot hotter causing extra stress on it thus shortening its life.
False.

The fuel pump uses fuel as a lubricant and is running at the same temperature whether your tank is full or near empty. There is very little heat generated by a plastic hydraulic pump. Your statement is absolutely not true.

Running the tank completely DRY has potential negative effects on an electric fuel pump and can cause the failure of the pump if it is pumping with nothing running through it. You can run them on a bench hooked up to a 12v battery, though, for quite a while with nothing running through them and it takes an awful long time to feel any ill effects (heat) on it.

DohctorRob

The Dohctor is in
my ls has 225k and im a broke 21 year old i get about 30 mpg and it has seen 400 on a single tank and it was very very sketchy I was going up a hill and it started to bog and die so I pulled it over turned it around and went up the hill in reverse and made it to the gas station with 409.8 miles on the tank

DohctorRob

The Dohctor is in
and no offense I call BS on this post no way in hell can you pull that off my old eg6 had no ac and no ps and was completely gutted head to toe(curb weight was 1700lbs 1k less than a teg) with a fresh rebuilt b18b1 and i drove like a sane person shifting at 2.5-3k and only got 34-35