Tires?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
my all time favorite cheap tire was the Yokohoma AVS ES100's. They re-did the design but claim its better, IDK the new name. but same prices. See if you cant find the AVS's though.
x2. They still sell the AVS ES100 though. I just bought some not too long ago and they are still listed in production on the Yokohama website

speedin

The Transporter
x2. They still sell the AVS ES100 though. I just bought some not too long ago and they are still listed in production on the Yokohama website
Well grab them now. They are getting phased out

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I know what you mean. I was so mad when they discontinued the Falken Azenis RT215. The RT615's are really nice but I preffered the RT215....plus they were alot cheaper

speedin

The Transporter
I know what you mean. I was so mad when they discontinued the Falken Azenis RT215. The RT615's are really nice but I preffered the RT215....plus they were alot cheaper
Yea, the price of RT215's owned. I could actually afford to replace that tire as often as id have too. The AVS are amazing tires though. The Toyo Proxes 4's my car came with are supposed to compete with the AVS's and let me tell ya. FUCK NO! The Toyo Proxes do not even hold a bar to the AVS's I had.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Toyo Proxes 4's suck! I hate them and I am fairly unimpressed with the Toyo T1-R's. And when I switched from Azenis to RA1 on my GSX I wasn't very impressed with them either. That is why I went to Pirelli Pzero Corsa. I've not tried a Toyo that I like yet

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Toyo Proxes 4's suck! I hate them and I am fairly unimpressed with the Toyo T1-R's. And when I switched from Azenis to RA1 on my GSX I wasn't very impressed with them either. That is why I went to Pirelli Pzero Corsa. I've not tried a Toyo that I like yet
Really how come, right now i'm running Potenza RE-01As on my MS3 but they have such a shitty wear rate. I was thinking about switching to the T1-Rs because they're still a AA traction and A temperature but have alot better wear rate.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
T1R's and AVS ES100's both have a 280 treadwear. The Yokohama's will own the Toyo's. They are just better tires all around including price. Every Toyo I've ever experienced has horrible heat tolerance. They start chunking and giving erradic feedback and grip as soon as they start getting worked hard and getting really hot.

speedin

The Transporter
T1R's and AVS ES100's both have a 280 treadwear. The Yokohama's will own the Toyo's. They are just better tires all around including price. Every Toyo I've ever experienced has horrible heat tolerance. They start chunking and giving erradic feedback and grip as soon as they start getting worked hard and getting really hot.
I can show you photos after a Auto-X. OMG, its sad. The chunking was bad. The tire just tore up! Yea, they suck big floppy donky dick. :lol:

Also on edge their is no responce. The Yoko's you could feel the slip and pull them back easy. The toyo's are hard to judge where you are on grip/heat.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Thats why I was thinking about getting the Toyos, because of the 280 treadwear, my Potenzas only have a 140 Treadwear. The only Yokohamas they make in my size are the Advans and there not any better than the Potenzas. I don't know i've seen alot of good ratings for the T1Rs and I had the old T1s on my M3 and liked them so I think i'm going to give them a shot.

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
Thats why I was thinking about getting the Toyos, because of the 280 treadwear, my Potenzas only have a 140 Treadwear. The only Yokohamas they make in my size are the Advans and there not any better than the Potenzas. I don't know i've seen alot of good ratings for the T1Rs and I had the old T1s on my M3 and liked them so I think i'm going to give them a shot.
Their is no way the AVS's arnt in your size. If anything that size has already been converted over to the new design. But they will definately have more tires than what your talking about in that size. Could have been how you searched. Fuck the "search by car" method, I always find they block tires from you that way. Go by size.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
They make the ES100 in almost every size. What size are you looking for?
215/45/18 I could only find the Advans, I mean I found kumhos but I don't like them, also Michelins and Perelllis but they're way to pricey and don't have any better results then any other tire. All the sites I was looking at gave the Toyos really good ratings, maybe they're just not good in smaller sizes.

Last edited: