95 Integra LS Build Thread

cted

My Chevrolet be bangin'
rims came with the car.. taillights are better than OEM IMHO shows off the bright LEDs I have installed in them

If the rims had worn bald tires, alright, I might look into some sort of rim & tire package. But since they're wrapped with ZR rated tires with 90% tread left, f*** it, they work the same as any other rim

And if I ever switch rims in the future, it will never be under 17 inches

So far, I get mixed opinions on everything

Some people will call it ricey any way I do it because its a Japanese car, kinda screwed there
Outside world likes the rims, CI doesnt
Outside world likes the tails, CI doesnt

Who do I please? People that see me, or people who are behind a computer?

Cant please everyone. You should all be happy that I dont plan on getting a bodykit that doesnt fit, actually, none at all. Nor do I plan on doing whole side decals and vinyls

I'll be extremely blunt with all of you right now: I dont f***ing care. I like it, and if you dont like it, then click that little X that closes the page please, thanks

just saying the wheels look terrible on the car. but if you like your car looking ugly than to each its own i guess. im just sure that chrome wheels went out of style about 15 years ago

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I dont understand what you mean? I see chrome rims everyday.. Definitely still in style, kind of. Unless, you mean chrome rims for integras are out of style :lol: but they're just chrome plated, not heavy ass chrome. If you suggest I get a set of stock Integra rims, then I'm sorry, that won't be happening. If I get anything, it'll be something similar to bronze Rota Grids. But I dont buy wheels, so that wont happen overnight, and it wont happen within a couple months. Maybe after a couple months, but no guarantees on that

And thats just an opinion. I dont feel they're ugly. If they were REALLY ugly, believe me, I would think that. But these ones arent ugly, they're decent. Not as good as my RX8's chrome plated OEM, but it'll do..

But shit, I think your rims are ugly too. At first glance at your rims while you're driving by, to me, they'd look like steel wheels until you come to a stop, then I'd say, "oh okay, they look alright". I can find you much uglier rims if you'd like. I didnt make this thread so everyone can say my rims look like shit and xyz. I made it so you can all see whats going with my progress, I didnt ask for opinions of my car.. So far the only opinion I have asked for was the Rota Grids

Boxy

Super, don't worry about it. There's people on this site who think any paintjob too flashy or not OEM is ricy, even if its just all one colour and the rest of the car is complete stock. Just do what you think will look nice on your car, don't bother with the trolls.

native teg95

Big E.
I think what everyone is saying is just don't over do it bro Thats all, if you like it thats all that matters its your ride not theres. If someone helps you out or answers your question give them rep

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
i would rock my painted stockers before i would rock some ugly ass chrome rims
:lol:

After my recent accident, I dont feel like investing money into wheels until after I learn to really drive this manual, and after my trip to Washington in July so I dont unnecessarily put 2k+ miles onto brand new rims

And thanks to everyone who isnt a troll or hater, much appreciated. Although with all my forum experiences, this unaffects me, I just defend myself from a neutral standing :hi:

Now back to the thread... Today nothing was done on my car. BS at work holdin me back

Friday I worked 3 pm to 12 am, had to lock up all 3 campuses (not an easy task)
Saturday (today) I start at 7 am and work till 3:30 on 4 hours of sleep.. But the the guy that was supposed to come in today after 3:30 called in sick, so I just got off at midnight
Sunday (today also) I get to go back at 7 am, yay.

Found some beer at work too, so I took it home. Definitely needed it right now :)

On a final note, I hit 250k miles on the odometer on Thursday

samilp

Sam P
thank God the wheels that came with my teg isnt as ugly (or however much it doesnt fit a teg) as yours ;)
if i were to buy new rims/tires (last thing on my list) i wouldnt go below 17's either. although, i understand when ppl say it looks to big for the teg, i think it depends on what set of rims your lookin at.

tail-lights wise, nothin in the market i'm likin. lol. props for going with what you like. good choice going with black housin.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
thank you, thank you. The taillight was iffy. Black housing, or "JDM" style.. Which was basically the same thing except 2 lines going through the whole thing horizontally, and it had that little reflective covering like my current brake lights, which blocks out a lot of light unfortunately.

I'll definitely look into some 17s later on with a big lip, vip status :lol: if done right (like mine), 17s are perfect with a drop.
Some have said to get smaller wheels so I can drop it lower.. But this my DD, not a showcar.

btw just ordered some 6k low beams. Should be here next week

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
*Update 5/15*

Well, I was gonna get my 6 point stabilizers in today, but I guess the seat belt bolts are 11mm..

......... yeah what the fuck.. Anyways, I think Orchard supply might have something. Just need longer bolts so I dont get any of the seat belts bolts threaded

Also got this today

itzrivera

i respect u for not letting haters put u down
and just mod to ur taste brotha, except body kits cause those arent allowed whatsoever lol

Cripton805

I think this is what Cted thinks is clean and so do I.

I am going to tell you that most of the things you are doing to your car are actually inferior in quality materials to OEM and actually making it worse for you "resale" if you ever decide to sell it.
I also have noticed that you have bought some things that you don't need.
Like the Megan camber kit. You don't need that at all. Just re-align your out of spec toe if you are having problems with your tires. Rotate every 5-7k.
I agree. Most people will find those parts having no taste "including me" if you are a hardcore Integra enthusiast because we make OEM cars look good, just by using mostly OEM parts or HOP related aftermarket like Mugen or Spoon.
(It's like Honda's Saleen parts)

You will find that if you start getting really into your car and into the legit tracking and real car enthusiats, that you will begin going back to OEM spec and all that money will have been a waste.

I'll just let you learn that on your own a and I'm just simply stating my opinion and some truths behind my reasoning.
You will do what you want to your car.

I really think you are jumping the gun on your car "Cosmetically & Mechanically" before you trully understand what is going on with your car.
I have found myself thanking myself for not buying parts I would later regret. I'd rather do thinks 1x.
I wait months before I purchase something to find myself not wating a part anymore.

Last edited:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I understand what you mean man, but, unlike some of you, I'm not really into the Honda scene. I've got this car, and Honda dirtbikes, thats it. And I still have my OEM taillights. I'm "preserving" them until something bad happens. Like REALLY bad. Like if I get into another bad accident like my last one, but its just cosmetic damage, then s***, I'll fix it myself, I've got other cars to drive.

Pretty much the only other mods that I'd have to sit on for a long time is rims and vtec.. I dont want to just jump the gun on the first thing I see

I pretty much have everything I want for my car right now, I've just got a lot done in less than a month of owning the car

And the the camber adjusters came with this below, the seller just forgot those at his other place so I picked em up yesterday. He had an Integra, now hes got an RX8, so he wasnt going to be using them

Honestly, I dont want to get too deep into the Honda scene. Dont get me wrong, its cool in all, but wrong association for me

P.S. YEAH no bodykits lolo

Cripton805

Honestly, I dont want to get too deep into the Honda scene. Dont get me wrong, its cool in all, but wrong association for me

P.S. YEAH no bodykits lolo
You have only had your car 1 month and look at you. You're on ClubIntegra and doing more mods than most people on here could afford :lol:

I don't know whether to be proud or disappointed.
Your build clearly shows you are into Hondas and yet you say you're not?

Cmon bro. I think once you realize that you're into Hondas it will be a little late.
Notice that I'm not bashing at all. I'm just trying to help you out. :)

You're what we call, "IN THE MAKING."
It's like we call, "the itch"

You're bearly getting it. "The Itch." for Hondas.
I fully converted a Muscle car lover into a guy rolling in a Type R swapped EK.

Last edited:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
haha.. I used to be really really into muscle cars a long time ago when I was a kid. I still love them too.. I almost bought a clean 65 Chevelle with a rebuilt 350 for $10k.. But this teggy would be a better choice for me, and I'm glad I chose it

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I respect Honda, I drive Honda (obvsly), I just dont obey Honda :lol:

I like Mugen and Spoon, super reputable, I know. The only thing that can be considered "bad", in terms of opinions, is my rims and taillights. Thats not so bad.. I really like the stock taillights I had on there, because it had orange on the end as well, I dont know why some of you like the all red look.. But my new taillights do have the all red look now lol.

And so far, I've invested about $1300, so that isnt too much money.. Just less than a months work for me.. Much less..

Oh and I hope I dont get hated for my new headlights I have. Personally, I think the halo rings are sick, especially since the headlights are all circles already, so it'll be badass. And as for my fog lights.. JDM spec right there.

For all you haters out there, have some Hatorade:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
FUCKING RETARDED ENGINEERS. I COULD HAVE DESIGNED A BETTER MOUNT FOR THE BUMPER LIGHTS THAN THOSE STUPID FUCKERS. ONE FUCKING SCREW THATS ALL ITS HELD IN BY ONE FUCKING SCREW THAT DOESNT EVEN STAY IN WITH REGULAR DRIVING. I DONT APPRECIATE COMING TO A STOP HEARING SOME NOISE AND SAYING TO MYSELF "WTF IS THAT NOISE" GETTING OUT AND FINDING MY NEW BUMPER LIGHT SCRAPING ON THE FUCKING GROUND IM FUCKING PISSED OFF IF YOU CANT TELL

/end rant

Tomorrow: Going to tape down my bumper lights with packing tape horizontally and vertically. Just to be safe, in zig zags too