acclude's 96 RS Build

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Just read your entire thread. What happened during the meet? We had to leave her at McD's for some reason.

Last edited:

tbrazzy-s3

good to know im not the only one who spent the time to go through all 12 pages lol

tbrazzy-s3

exactly how i felt, i was trying to study what my car would look like torn apart heh. that, is what im here to learn.

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
im pretty sure he was afraid to throw a rod b/c he couldn't rev past 4-5k rpm's. i think i read that somewhere or you mentiond it at the meet i cant remember.

mirrorimg

He was overheating. Had to keep stopping to top off the water because the cooling system was building up so much pressure it would leak out of the hoses. Some thing along those lines.

I hope you made it hime safely Patrick. And I hope you can fix that cooling issue.

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
im pretty sure he was afraid to throw a rod b/c he couldn't rev past 4-5k rpm's. i think i read that somewhere or you mentiond it at the meet i cant remember.
He was overheating. Had to keep stopping to top off the water because the cooling system was building up so much pressure it would leak out of the hoses. Some thing along those lines.

I hope you made it hime safely Patrick. And I hope you can fix that cooling issue.
He had issues with the coolant system. We believe it's a blown head gasket. We stopped by auto zone and got some gasket sealant to pour in the coolant and that fixed it (for now.) We made it the rest of the way safely.

acclude

cheap bastard
i still need to do that delete pat...i have the breather filter but too lazy...how is it holding up for you?
Holding up perfect! If you want I'll PM you with more details about it. Steering is nice and smooth.

Sucks to have issues this late in the build... stick with it.
eh, it's all my fault for taking shortcuts on vital parts like the one head bolt that I used a heli-coil to try to fix and waiting so long to tune it.

Just read your entire thread. What happened during the meet? We had to leave her at McD's for some reason.
yeah, blown headgasket was putting too much pressure on the cooling system and forced coolant out of various places of the cooling system.

good to know im not the only one who spent the time to go through all 12 pages lol
Thanks, hope it helps you in some way.

Normally I don't but this one was so detailed and done right I just had to. :)
Thanks! I tried to be as detailed as I could without taking up too much of my actual work time.

It was the headgasket. After I "fixed it" with the block sealer/stop leak I revved up up to 8k or so several times on the drive back. There were absolutely ZERO issues driving back. 2+hrs of drive time without any issues. Makes me wish I would have put the block sealer in BEFORE we all met up :(

No problems making it back. Cooling system is "fixed" for now and I'll be parking it and building a new bottom end for it using a different block and the next build will be going "vroooom pshhhht, vrooooom pshhhhhht". Gonna be a little while though.

He had issues with the coolant system. We believe it's a blown head gasket. We stopped by auto zone and got some gasket sealant to pour in the coolant and that fixed it (for now.) We made it the rest of the way safely.
I don't know about "safely". You're using that term pretty loosely there But we did make it back without any car troubles to be more specific ;)

Nice signature ;)
It's beautiful except for that ugly black one the end that looks like a turd :D

:thumbs up
don't you mean - :lame

smithboy76908

Boost Addict
Although it is quite odd that it's the FORD that's running good, boosting strong right now and the Honda having a laundry list of problems! Kind of a role reversal here!

I guess your right on the safety part (John smacking the pavement lol), but the engine made it back ok.